Chronic neck pain with cracking and grinding
This is actually my very first time asking a question with regard to my neck pain, so please bear with me.

A little history: I'm 41, with two children, a deployed husband, a few extra pounds (all in the midsection), and am about 5'1" and shrinking. I've had pain at the base of my skull/top of my neck for as long as I can remember. Over the years, I have had a few concussions and whiplash (usually just from tripping and falling - my neck is so stiff, that it does not seem to have any 'grace' for an injury). I've also recently overcome two different cancer's within a span of 18 months -- a rare soft-tissue sarcoma (Desmoid tumor) in my abdomen 7/2009 and papillary carcinoma of the thyroid 1/2011. I am rebuilt with mesh and screws in my abdomen wall since the tumor took out my right rectus abdominus.....I tell my kids that it just made me bionic. :) Thankfully, I am in remission from both.
I've also had a variety of surgeries on my wrists for ganglion cysts and a breast reduction in the hopes of less shoulder pain.
I sound like a real winner, eh?
Unfortunately, my neck pain is getting worse. I have a cracking noise that is audible to others when I move my neck a certain way as well as a grinding. My shoulders are lopsided and one seems to be quite indented from the top. The neck issue also seems to be pulling my shoulders forward and inward -- making them (and me) smaller. To top it all off, I've been developing a lovely dowager's hump (this has been coming on for about 10 years).
So - what is going on?? I've yet to find a doctor that seems to take my issues seriously and have therefore stopped addressing them except for the cancer's. The pain is getting worse though and I am unsure of what kind of doctor to go to, much less finding one that just doesn't think I'm a hypochondriac.
Because I do not 'look' sick, I've found that I'm readily dismissed. ......and it is frustrating. I even had to fight to get both of my cancer's diagnosed.....as the doctor's kept sending me home.
If you have any insight, please let me know. I am willing to put myself out there again and try to find an answer to the pain, but really am clueless as where to even start.

Thanks so much!
Also, I'd forgotten to mention that I am Vitamin D deficient, anemic and struggle with chronic exhaustion..... YAY me! :)
seems you still didn't get any answers i am here because i also have cronic neck pain although i have not had the other issues you have just constant naggin pain and cracking in my neck nearly all the time.
In the past month or so, I have started getting the crackling sound in my neck, pain, but not unbarable, I do water aerobics 4 days a week, so don't know if its from that are what, I am asking my dr in a week, if I find out ill relay the message on here for you....