Chronic sinus
I am desparate for some help. I have had problems with my sinus for years 23. In 1990 I had polops removed. This helped heaps and I was clear  for a few years, Then again the sinus started with a vengence in the year 2001 after a few cat scans I was told I had more polops and a hole in my septum, so back to the drawing boad I go and had another op.  This time it did not fix me.  I have been on antibiotic since 2002. Today as we speak I am on antibiotic with predisilone with rhinocort aqueous, nozoil and sinus wash. Still to no avail.  I can not think straight the middle of my head is buzzing, I can not wear my glasses on my nose and I feel my sight is disorted. I am constantly tired, I have sleep apnea and need to use a CPAP machine but I cant because of my sinus.  Sometime my teeth hurt.I feel this has taken over my life I am waiting to see yet again another ENT I feel like I am going round in circles,there must be someone out there who can help me , PLEASE

This discussion is related to Re: Acute sinus infection .
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Since you have been on antibiotics for so long and it is not helping, I suggest you consult your doctor and stop them. Do deep breathing exercises, take steam, gargle with warm water and increase warm fluids in your diet. Use of CPAP machine dries up the eyes and nasal passages which causes irritation, burning and sneezing. You can try a cold water humidifier to start with. If you already have a humidifier and you still experiences these symptoms you may need a heated humidifier. In most cases this resolves nasal congestion and irritation if it is caused by CPAP.  Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you so much for answering my post, I am waitng to see a specialist again.  ButI will increase my fluids like you suggested and talk to my sllep doc.  Thanks again