Cleveland ??
My son went to Cleveland on a Fulbright scholarship two years ago September.  He's a symphony percussionist finishing his masters.  Four weeks after settling into an apartment he awoke one morning with severe pain in his jaw, neck, chest, and head.  He also had severe faintness and sharp shooting pains in all his extremities, through various spots of his head, and his fingers and toes.  He immediately went to the ER at the Cleveland Clinic who put him on a heart monitor.  He was born with a flap missing in his aorta valve.  But this has never given him any trouble ever.  The cardiologist in the ER said it wasn't his heart.  My husband and I flew to Cleveland immediately but he was not assigned a nuerologist.  We were told he needed to go outpatient.  He was in terrible pain and very sick.  We live in the Oak Brook area in Illinois so we packed some things and brought him home.

He continued to have severe symptoms for 3 months which scared him and us.  But the doctors said they didn't know what it was.  They did no special testing at all which was maddening.  After 3 months Jeff insisted that he need to get back to Boston (he gave up his Fulbright in Cleveland).  We were scared beyond belief.  

This came literally one morning out of nowhere.  He's seen doctors in Boston but, again, no special testing.  Is this an HMO thing?  He still, 2 years later, has bouts of chest flutter, and sharp pains through his body.  Something terrible happened.  Could it be viral or something.  It's not really going away, and sharp shooting pains everywhere are affected nerves..  His heart was involved somehow and it still has a flutter in there on occasion.  The neurologists should have jumped on this immediately when it happened and they were so ambivalent. What's wrong with these doctors.  If they can't recognize symtoms; can't they think to pull out their med. books or simply make a phone call asking what those symtoms mean.  Why do they just stand there saying 'I don't know' and stare at the patient blankly.  I wanted to scream at them 'Go find out!' don't just stand there.

Jeff's so talented and our only son.  He's just a wonderful person and deserves the right medical attention.  My husband works for a large corporation that uses HMO's exclusively and their terrible.
Somebody knows what this is somewhere.  Can you please find out for us.  If it's a vasal, automonic, or not talk about viral....something, please let us know.  He was 24 at the time and perfectly healthy.  Thanks.