Neurology Community
Cold, numb, falling asleep feeling in brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

About two months ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. I was prescribed lamotrigine and geodon (the dosage is still being balanced). I was a heavy smoker of marijuana beforehand but stopped as soon as I was put on the medication. One day I decided to try it again while on the medicine and had a very bad reaction. My brain (as weird as it sounds) started to feel cold and tingly. I vowed to never to do it again because the symptoms lasted two days. That was 3 weeks ago and then at the end of last week the symptoms started again. Numbness and my brain feels like it has falling asleep (like an arm or leg would). I did experience some side effects from the medication like ringing of ears and shaky hands for the first month but nothing that has lasted as long as this weird brain feeling. I called "ask a nurse" and they assured me that the brain was not bleeding. But then what is it. I cant afford a neurologist. I am 22 and a student with two part time jobs just to cover my medication, no insurance. Can anyone explain what I am feeling?