Cold Sensation in left arm
Does anyone know what causes cold sensation in the extremities?

I'm a distance running and over the last 6 months, I've been experiencing the "cold hand" syndrome after running anywhere from 2 to 12+ miles.  Sometimes it's noticeable towards the end of my run or during my cool down.

My PCP was not familar with the symptoms and referred me to a vascular surgeon.  I saw the VS yesterday, and he couldn't pinpoint the issue so he's scheduling me for some tests in a couple of weeks and possibly a referral to a neurologist.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your question. The symptoms you are experiencing certainly sounds that you are experiencing Raynaud's phenomenon and in that blood vessel spasms occur due to cold weather/medical condition that block blood flow to the fingers, toes, nose and ears. Apart from cold temperature (frost bite), drugs that cause narrowing of arteries, atherosclerosis, arthritis and smoking may also cause these symptoms. To prevent this condition, avoid exposure to cold in any form, dress warmly, stop smoking, and evaluate other medical conditions with the doctor if you have any. Hope this helps.