Cold Spots on Body
Hi......I am a 61 year old female in relatively good health. For the past year I have experienced random cold spots on my body. They vary in size and location. One day they are on my ankle, elbow, ear, and shin. The next day on my neck, back, and hand. One day I'll have 2 or 3 spots, the next day 6 or more. Doctors (GPs and Neurologists) that I've consulted with have never heard of them and all medicals tests (MRIs, Blood) have come out normal or negative.

The cold spots feel like I have an ice pack on my skin yet to the touch the skin is warm. Some spots are the size of a quarter, others are approximately 4 inches in diameter. First thought that my clothing was wet yet when I touched the area it was dry. Cold spots hurt from the cold sensation......

Doctors first thought that it might be a symptom of MS, but Neurologist has ruled that out.

I'm frustrated because after all the tests, I know what I don't have, but don't know what I do have or what is causing the cold spots.

Any help or information could can give is appreciated.....so have you experienced cold spots or do you know anyone that has experienced them?

Thyroid studies ok?  Female hormone levels ok?  Menopause?  
Thyroid was okay......postmenopausal with no negative side affects. Not sure about the hormone levels. Have an appointment mid month with a doctor that also specializes in body chemistry. If he can't help, then I'm not sure where to turn after that.
have you ever found a diagnosis? Multiple sclerosis?