Neurology Community
Cold/Wet Feeling on an area on my leg

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Cold/Wet Feeling on an area on my leg

I have no idea where to post this question of mine.  

Often times I have found myself trying to dry off my left leg below the knee because I thought I felt my leg get wet.  It is so annoying!!! There is nothing I could see on my leg and every brush I do, my hand ends up being dry, not wet.  What could be the possible cause of this???

I thought about posting in the Neurology forum as well as skin-ology.  I thought it might be possible it had something to do with nerves in my leg that's causing this wet feeling.

Thanks,

Me
Tags: leg, nerve, wet, feel, Skin, Cold
Hello dear,
                Have you seen a neurologist or got any tests done? Do you have difficlulty in walking?The correct diagnosis can only be made after complete neurological examination,so you should see a neurologist .Also sometimes if all the findings are correct some psychological resons may cause this sensation. Get yourself properly evaluated.
Best  
MeggyE,

I have exactly the same sensation...started a few days ago...Mine is right leg just below the knee....

Did you get it checked out?  Did it go away by itself?

Thanks in advance...

I have had exactly the same symptoms for the past several weeks.  I saw my MD.  He used a sort of instrument that caused me to feel vibrations.  I could feel vibrations everywhere but the knee that has been bothering me.  My doctor then told me to make an appointment to see a neurologist.  He thought it might be caused by a small nerve but that it probably wasn't anything serious.  Have you found out anything about why your knee feels wet?
Me too!!  This just started with me a few days ago.  When I get up and start walking, it feels like there is a wet spot on the skin on the back of my knee.  It is just a little area.  It feels like a drop of water is there.  Very wierd.  Glad I'm not the only one in the world who has experienced this. Anything new on this??
I have had these sensations for over 6 yrs. now.  Had every test imagined at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.  They said that it was small fiber sensory neuropathy.- immune mediated.  I had the flu prior to this..  The only difference between you and me is that I have it basically all over, my arm, legs, face,scalp and sometimes my back. usually legs and face.  It will drive you insane.  I have tried many different kinds of medication without much sucess. but maybe some medication that the doctors give would help with the small area that you have.             Take care        Laaz
this feeling is annoying me, drimes me crazy, started 4 months ago, next week I going to have an MRI because the doc say may be neuro, since I had experience weird sensations or vertigo at the same time this started. Is in my legs and switches from below the knee to the calf. fells so wet that I tried to dry it.... I'll update next week with the doc answers if there's any.
MY MRI ISNT NORMAL!! they found a 9 mm anomaly in the left side what does tt means? I DONT KNOW!!! They set up another mri with some fliuds injected in my brain to check for the cause!!! I"M fricking out!. people with wet fellings go get you MRI DONE!!!
I'll update!
I cannot believe there are other people experiencing the same thing as me!!! This is crazy. The wet feeling has been happening for about a few weeks on the back of my left calf. I've been seeing neurologists for a year to determine if I have MS because of other symptoms, plus I have spinal stenosis. Honestly, at least this is just annoying rather than the actual pain I have been living through over the past three years. It has got to be a neurological thing, but it is really freaky!!!

Mi second MRI with contrast show  prominent j T2 jugular bulb in the left side if the brain, this means the flow of the non-oxigened blood is "turbulent" or extremily fast. Which means that I may have less headaches than normal and possible be able to felt tha blood flowig in my bain and legs producing that cold sensation... WHATEVER...bla,bla. The dr. said that may even make me less propense for stroke. So brain veins are not even and simetric and some people (about 8%) can live normaly with this enlage veins in the brain.
So I'm great I just need to learn to leave with tis ANNOYNG STUFF until I forget is there... see ya!!
sometimes i feel like i have a drip of cold water on this particular spot on my ribs.  it's always in the exact same place and when i look there's nothing there.  
Has anyone had the feeling of water on there chest. My brother has that feeling, and I wondering if it could be the same as all those who had feelings of water on there legs
i have the wet left side pec area all the time/ some time more intense than the other. Doc had me in er for the blood work ekg and chest xray all good/ the next test is the tread mill- or stress test..more to come
I was just google-ing this because for the last three days I've thought I had something wet on my left leg just above the knee on the inside area.  I thought maybe I pulled something running, and know after seeing all these posts I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with the ligaments.  I've had tendonitis for the last 8 years...does anyone else have that same problem?  I wonder if they're related.  I feel weird going to the doctor because what do you say?  "I have one tiny spot on my leg that always feels wet"?  And geez, the doctor's bill I'd get just to be told "I'm not sure".  I suppose if it spreads or starts to be painful, I'll get it checked, but for now it's just annoying.
Oh, boy. I'm not sure it is something to just ignore. I'm having the same thing this morning. My elbow feels wet but isn't. I am going through a lot of stuff and have been for a while. The docs are just now trying to rule out Lupus or other things that could cause the peripheral neuropathy I've been having for a while. The wetness is weird, though. It is new. Up to now, it has all been pains or numbness here and there. I've had a normal MRI, but a while back, they found arthritis in just about every joint I have and spinal stenosis. I have an elevated CRP level right now.

I think you should keep a log of how you're feeling and go to the doc if it keeps up.
hi - did you find out what was causing the wet feeling?
It happened to be for the first time last night - i have pre existing nerve damage due to a couple of spinal surgeries for lumbar spondylosis, so get a lot of numbness and tingling but the wet feeling is a new one on me!

hope it has all been sorted for you now?
I have had this sensation as well.  I have felt cold water sensation and warm water sensation on different parts of my body at different times.  I believe the medical term is Dysesthesia.  Do a search and you will come up with lots of information.  

Hope this helps. :)
I'm a 25 yr old female. I just started feeling the same cold wet sensation on the back of my right leg a little above the back of my knee. I had been driving me crazy for the past few days. I only notice it when I'm walking around or when I was exercising this week. Its seems to be triggered by movement. So, maybe I could be nerve damage like someone said. I have been diagnosed with scoliosis and lordosis. I have always had problems with pain in both legs, mostly the left that radiates from my knee down, knee up,or from my hip all the way down..its so bad I have to take vicodin or at least 4 asprin to get rid of the pain. So, I wonder if its all associated. I heard of people that have back problems having issues with their legs or arms like numbness, tingling and pain.

i have this strange feeling of coldness from my knee down the front of my leg to my ankle i have no idea what it is, i dont really know how to describe it like a numbness feeling and cold, as i have just finished school and now spend most of my time in bed could this cause it? it just started when i woke up, its really weird because its not painful at all just a weird sensation down the front of my leg

any idea what it could be? or the cause of this ?
I am at altitude (8,000 ft) and I have had the feeling of ice cubes being
applied to the back of my legs just above my knees.  I thought it was
because of the lack of oxygen, and I have dismissed it as only being annoying.  But it is really starting to bother me.   It does only happen when I am walking. Any ideas?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
These could be signs of Peripheral neuropathy . Please consult a neurologist and get an MRI of the knee done . It may be due to Diabetes , Nerve entrapment , Vitamin deficiency , Autoimmune diseases or exposure to toxins . Hope this helps you . Take care  and regards !
Wow, I was surprised to find this discussion with others experiencing similar symptoms.  Mine started just today.  After I got out out bed, it felt like a small amount of cold water was running down the back of my right calf.  Nothing there of course.  I have some residual nerve damage following a back surgery a few years ago, and also have some knee issues.  Is this symptom more likely related to my back or knee?  Unfortunately I am out of work with no insurance and can't afford to see a Dr at this time.  Thanks!
What a relief other people are having the same systems as my huband. He has numbness and a wet feeling below his groin down to his knee.This started about three weeks ago. We can't get any answers from anyone. Prior his MRI showed seven lessions on his brain. He is to  see a Neurologist as soon as all data is collected. Prior to his numbness he was bitten by yellow jackets which is in the same exact spot as his numbness. We can't seem to get a DR. to examine his leg. We are extremely frustrated! In January he developed the flu and since his health has gone down. First he developed Shingles and to date is still suffering, and now this numbness. He did have headaches for 25 years and changed his diet to Glutten Free and hasn't had a headache since. Any input would be appreciated.
Sandy
Hi i have the same syptoms (symptoms) the coldness and can feel itchy as well and some thigh pain, i have had a nerve block to see if that would cure this but no no avail its made the coldness more and more or less there all the time.

I am waiting on a MRI SCAN and also may have to have a brain scan also, its really awful this feeling making my life rubbish im now on antidepressants and nerve tablets called gabapetian (spelling) but they dont work and i awlways feel tied, i have 2 lovely kids that i want to do more with but cant as this is causing me so much greif!! im just fed up!
Thanx i thought i was going nuts, i too have had strange stinging and cold sensations on my right knee.
i first thought it was swelling but it's gone on too long. i had an xray done  because i then started having pains in the back of my knee like being stabbed with a toothpick. this continued about 10 days. then for no reason i stood up one night and the feeling was gone. since i have had pains now and then stinging and coldness but it's just annoying coming and going. i didn't know if i should go back to the doc because the pain might have left by the time i get there ? oh and plus i have had pain in the same knee if i do certain excercises, or if i sit with my feet hanging off a chair it feels like tugging pain under my knee cap.
Mine started a couole months ago. A cold wet feeling localized on my left knee. Not at all painful, just strange, like I need to dry it, but it's not actually wet at all. Guess I need to see my Internist and get a referral to a Neurologist.
Mine started a couole months ago. A cold wet feeling localized on my left knee. Not at all painful, just strange, like I need to dry it, but it's not actually wet at all. Gyess I need to see my Internist and get a referral to a Nuerologist.
O.K., I am amazed at how many people have this sensation. I too, googled "wet elbow sensation" and found this forum. I too,have this wet sensation in my right elbow that started about two days ago. I thought it was the fabric of a new sweater but realized that it wasn't that at all. I am 52 and the picture of health, I run about two miles every morning, then lift weights for 45 minutes then go to work. At nights I referee high school basketball. I don't have any adverse symptoms other than this wet elbow feeling. Too make matters worse I have a doctor who seems totally disintrested in any thing I have to say.
I guess I'm joining the Cold Spot Club.  Mine also behind my right knee / calf.  Just noticed it today.  Also had first episode of veritigo this past weekend.  That was awful.  When I felt this on my leg....I connected the two and concerned of clot or something.  I'm gonna make my appointment tomorrow.  So weird.  I'm 49 (and holding) with no health issues.  Will advise what I find out.
I have had this odd feeling in my knee for the past two days now, but it started out with very strong pain along the outside of my knee 6 days ago.  The pain is gone, but the knee is sore....my knee feels really wet!  
I have the same problem my left calf feels cold on a little spot I check to see why and nothings there it's really weird and getting on my nerves. If anyone knows what it may be I'd be glad to know.
I have the seem feel at first i didnt know how to describe it it felt like a cool feeling inside my elbow and below my knees. After reading your symptoms you are exactly correct its like that part of the skin is wet. I have been ignoring it because it has not been a constant problem and i have been through so much in the past year. I carry the unoffical diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. I say unofficial because i have only had one attack. I have not gone to see my nuerologist because i am afraid i am about to get married to the man of my dreams and my career as taken off. I guess these are STUPID excuses. What did your doctors say about these feelings are they dangerous was it a tumor or something what was wrong? I have had some head aches lately they have been to the point i could barely think. I am worried i am so afraid what were your diagnosis???
It started with a cold wet feeling running up my ankle, now I've got it just above my wrist.
A couple days ago, I thought there was a leak in my ceiling. I kept getting a cold "drip-like" feeling on my right arm just below my elbow. It's like getting a cold rain-drop on you. After a couple incidents, I thought I'd google it. I'm glad I'm not crazy! Recently my sciatic nerve (lower back) has been killing me & thought maybe this was another strangely related condition (although, I've never experienced this drip-like feeling before). I do yoga regularly, but it doesn't seem to help (& normally it does). I just started a new job & have been very stressed, so thought my back pain was because of this. An top of coming down w/a sinus cold & menstruating, I figure I'd wait until next week to see if my "drip" feeling is still there. It only happens a couple times a day, so it isn't bothersome...yet.
I had an MRI yesterday following referral by my GP. Symptoms are dizziness/ vertigo, pins & needes/ numbness/ pain in arms and legs, photosensitivity, migraines, low platelet count, hyper reflexes.

As everyone probably does I have gone over my MRI scan (which was done on spine and brain) and have attached the images which concern me. What is the white dot and swelling? As it looks to have permiated the brain membrane do you think it looks like meningitus,  Encephalitis or something else?

Selection of Images =

http://tinypic.com/r/b6u0yp/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2rghsno/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2zekmfm/5

http://tinypic.com/r/1zfoqdz/5
I've had the "cold wet drop" sensation occur on my right hand between my ring finger and middle finger. The cool wetness sensation started about a week and a half ago. I had attributed it to lack of sleep (I have sleep apnea and tend to wake myself up at night, ergo lack of REAL sleep). At any rate I appreciate the fact that everyone here has been sharing their experiences because I thought I was flipping out or something (well, kinda). It typically happens when I'm NOT thinking about it...then all of the sudden I instinctively examine my hand to see "how" I got water on it...this now occurs almost once or twice ...every other day. I'm 47yrs old and recently had my complete phyiscal and was told I'm 'healthy' ...but at any rate, it's NOT "cool" to have a 'wet hand' sensation crop up when you least expect it...I'll defer to some further tests/examinations - nip this in the bud before it morphs into something even MORE weird than I am already ready dealing with...thanks for everyone's input/feedback on this topic, glad I found these posts...
I started experiencing a wet sensation on the inside knee area of my left leg a couple of weeks ago. The sensation is so strong that at first I was actually convinced that there was something on my leg. Obviously there isn't anything there. I was shocked to discover this forum and to find out that other people have experienced this strange sensation. After reading all the entries one of the things I've noticed is that most of the people who have put up posts have other health issues. I don't have any. I have however started getting cramps on inside arch of my feet. The cramps started at the same time as the wet feeling. They are pretty bad and occur most nights, when I'm in bed. Has anyone else experienced cramps? Do you think these two things are linked? Do you think I need to see a neurologist?
I'm twenty seven years old I've been dealing with this for about two months now. I didn't figure out that it wasn't just the winter cold until a few nights ago when my two closest friends we're over, and informed me that maybe i should look into the freezing cold knee(mine isn't wet though, just really cold, more of a feeling that it has something frozen on it)
Now that I've been able to step back and look at it from a logical point of view, it seems to have started at the exact same time as a somewhat troubling and impactful change had occured, when quite dramatically my last living blood relative and I had decided to cut ties with each other.  There also seems to be a correlation with this(cold knee) and my narcolepsy(no, i don't fall asleep out of nowhere, look it up).  I've learned to see the signs of a narcoleptic episode having dealt with it so severely the past two years, and now, the cold knee thing is pointing towards the same direction.  I would love to see some more definitive theories on the ties between sleep disorders and this cold-knee
One more thing, after reading over the posts, and doing some research.  There's seems to be a large medical contingency that vaguely suggest drug use in most of the people affected.  I was thinking to myself, well that's Boool because I'm definitely having this problem and I'm not on drugs. OH WAIT, yes, I am.  The medicine prescribed to me for my sleep disorder, apparently shares many of the same characteristics of Riddalin and it's less attractive cousin Speed.  Those who came on seeking answers for loved ones, I'm ot saying to start pointing fingers, but maybe you want to look  into that.
Me too.  Underside top of left thigh, mostly when I'm sitting - and I involuntarily check to see if my thigh, jeans or chair are wet.  First time was on an outside padded chair and it being spring, I thought the chair pad was wet.  Then I was at my daughter's and the same thing happened and her chair pad was definitely not wet.  I even changed chairs and the same thing happened.  now it is happening inside, so i looked it up, yeah, thanks all for yr posts.  I am not on any medications, except that at least once a week i have to take hydroxyzine and allegra for mighty hives.  but I have other chronic health issues as well, all of which are often said to be immune system related and/or central nervous system, e.g., migraines, multiple allergies/sensitivities, IBS, fibro-myalgia/chronic fatigue, sleep apnea/crummy sleep/sleep paralysis, arthritis, and just unexpectedly in November went to dr. for something else and found I had lung cancer, so just recuperated from a double lobectomy surgery at end of Dec for that - perhaps this new thing is related as there were lots of drugs involved, plus the nine-inch incision and two tubes cut through a lot of nerves.  My point is, the cold, wet sensation anyone has could be caused by any number of underlying issues, whether benign or not.  At the dr's in Nov, I went for one thing, just happened to mention that I had a cough that wouldn't go away, was driving everyone around me crazy and what could we try that isn't narcotic?  Dr listened to my lungs, sent me for immediate chest xray and whammo, there was a huge tumor there.  Good thing, although large, stage 1B, so no other involvement and I plan to live a cancer-free, chemo-free life till I'm old-er (58 now).  So - IF YOU CAN, SEE YOUR DR. AND TELL HIM ALL, WHETHER YOU FEEL EMBARRASSED WHEN HE SAYS NOT TO WORRY OR NOT - IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE, AS IT DID MINE.
I was surprised to see so much feedback on this subject.  I have been experiencing this for a couple of months now.  It usually happens during exercise.  Both of my legs feel cold and soaking wet below the knee.  It's a strange feeling.  It has coincided with headaches, nausea and dizziness.  On one occasion I experienced the wetness on my head.
I felt I would appear a hypo. if I went to the docs.  However, I live in the UK and pay my taxes, so think I will book an appointment and get it checked!
M.
I am so stressed because I have no idea what is going on and seems like the doctors are clueless as well.  I have had lower back pain that radiates down my buttocks into my legs since a year and a half.  MRI showed very minor spinal hernia between T4 and T5. the pain was so severe that sometimes I could not walk or carry anything.  
I got some steroid injections and just gave up, even one doc said it could be psychological and I thought maybe if I live my life normally it would go away.
Now for about 3 months I've been having pain in my left leg, left arm and chest.  Its an on and off thing, but leg pain is on the upper and inner thigh that seems to stem from my pelvis and it is very painful.  about once a week I also get a severe burning sensation on my left hand which hurts even more when I put water over it.  It usually happens when I am cooking. The skin doesnt look much different to me...?
This week the pain in my leg and pelvis was so horrible, I couldn't stop crying and for the first time I have started getting a cold wet sensation all over my left leg and left abdomen.  I was hospitalized and given pain killers and anti inflamatories, had a CT scan of my back and it only showed the small hernia, and got a pelvis exam and nothing out of the ordinary.  I am having a little bit of a "leak" incontinence- just a little but maybe 3 or 4 times a day, and significant weakness in my left leg, I can feel it and the docs noticed it during my examination. I cannot pull my left toe back properly (it wont go straight and gives way when pushed, but my right toe is fine).  I have been feeling severe fatigue and cold-like symptoms for 3 months or so as well, but i have my good days of course.  I have a history of severe dysplasia in my cervix, had to conizations.  I am 23years old, female.  I feel like maybe somehow my brain is just inflicting all of this on myself, and I dont like it, I want an answer and a cure, or at least an answer so I dont have to feel like im crazy.
I have an MRI scheduled, for my back.  I've been reading posts and am wondering if I should get my brain scanned too?? Please please I would really appreciate any info...

thank you all
I am a 42 years old mexican guy I just have this sensation of a cold drop of water in my rigth wrist is rare and it last just a second and then disapears. I hope any one can tell me whats going on.

Thank You all
I have been having this cold, wet feeling on my cheek for about a week now.  Anyone else?
My symptoms are mostly very cold fingers and a cold wet feelling on different areas of my face at the same time. Had a MRI and there was nothing wrong in the scan. I was put on a med that helps with pain...but it only made me tired, feeling drunk and still feeling all the pain/cold/wetness. It does move around on my face and can really hurt. I am a type-1 diabetic with diabetic neuropathy in my feet/legs and hands. So now the Drs think the face pain/wet/cold feeling is from the diabetes.

Has anyone had success with something other than an antidepressant?
I am a 42 years. I've had this sensation of a cold drop of water on my left side of knee. It last just a second and then disappears. I will call my dr. in the morning.
Just throwing it in that I too have a cold, wet sensation around the patella and upper shinon my left knee... in conjunction with tingling and sometimes numb little toe and one next to it. The toe thing comes and goes based on my alignment, so I suppose a s1 issue.... I take no meds of any kind (including over the counter) so whoever suggested we are all medically induced- nope!  Anyway- just wanted to throw my hat into the ring!

L
Now this is weird! I started getting a cold sensation above my right ankle, about the size & shape of a lemon or lime. Can't see anything just every so often I can fell it like a cold draft or patch. It started like 3 days after a large 4.5lb tub of cake decorating icing fell out of a chair & hit my leg & caused a bruised. Ive been trying to check online to see if this has anything to do with. The sensations is on the same leg, but not the same spot...the bruise is lower, the area is about 2 inches above it. Haven't really found anything about WHY this would happen. It's just a weird feeling. Should I be worried?
i get a cold wet spot,on my left leg ,above my ankle ,strange feeling,sometimes i wondered if i pee'd my pants and it dripped down my leg but no,,, it was not really wet,just felt wet and cool...lol
glad i'm not alone.  i have a weird "wet spot" on my upper left arm.  i've been noticing it a bit lately, but i've been fighting off a migraine for a few days now, so i think that may have something to do with it.  i always get odd sensations and mild hallucinations (slight visual, tactile, and olfactory) with my migraines.  i'm pretty sure mine isn't a tumor or anything else horrible since i was checked out at a very young age (eeg, ct scan, etc) and diagnosed with migraines.
Thanks for posting your experiences.  Today I noticed a pea sized wet spot at the base of my left thumb.  It feels wet every time it touches anything.  Kept wiping it thinking there HAD to be a droplet of water but the skin is dry.  The phenomenom is so unusual it concerns me quite a bit.  So here I am googling to discover I have lots of good company.  The only thing I can think of that may be related is my daily 3x dose of Ibuprophen for arthritis pain.  Is anyone else taking regular doses of Ibuprophen?  I'm a 60 year old female.  If this does not resolve itself in a few days I will definitely see my dr.  Good luck to all of my fellow :-) "wetties".
I just started experiencing this cold wet sensation below my right knee one week ago.  It's such a strange feeling.  I keep feeling the skin because I can't believe it oes not feel cold to the touch. Prior to this my big toe has occasionally felt numb.  I'm amazed so many people experience the same thing.  
I had arthroscopy and microfracture surgery on my left knee about a year and half ago. For the past few months, my knee has had a cold wet feeling off and on.  It feels like I just knelt in a puddle of water.  It's not painful, just really strange.
This morning, I have the sensation of cold water dripping down my inner/back thighs. Started when i rose up off the toilet & appeared in whichever thigh that the weight was on( I thought it was my bladder leaking-embarassing)... as you can guess, no water was there.  I have diabetes & am hoping this is not the neuropathy they say can accompany it.
my legs, but now it has also moved to various other parts of the body i have now had this for at least ten years curious as to whether anyone else has had it this long
has any body acheived any satisfacion or releife from a visit to a  neurologist
peterf08
Very glad to have found this thread! My spot is just above the left knee, right where my ankle hits when I cross my legs. I've tried rubbing it, that doesn't work. Also chewed an aspirin, thinking it was a clot.

However, I have a brain injury, and am already on Neurontin for nerve pain and to try to prevent migraines. (In case someone doesn't know this already, migraines can create lesions on the brain, so it is best to try to prevent them, in addition to treating them when they are happening)

My worry is that I'll get my Neurontin dose bumped up. I have heart problems too, and Neurontin tends to make me gain weight at higher doses. I will be calling the neurologist, I guess. I promise to come back and post what happens.
Great to see that Im not alone! I

didnt want to go to the doctor because I thought he may think I was "weird" or something.

My watery sensation is the right cheek of my buttocks.

Now that I realise it is more common I will go to my doctors as I dont think Ive read a definitive answer to this condition..
I played tennis this morning and a few hours later, after a shower, I started to notice a cold spot on my right calf.  I have had many calf strains and wear a wrap when I play tennis.  Never had this before.  It feels like it would feel when you have some cold balm on a sore muscle, however I have nothing on my leg.  Any suggestions?
I have a wet/cold sensation. It feels like water/wetness on my hip. I just noticed it this weekend. And had it happen again, I keep reaching to wipe my hip and find that it isn't wet, so I googled it. I don't have any health problems, but I did have vasculitis (inflamation (inflammation) of the vascular system) about 2 years ago, after I had my son. I think that is kind of a mysterious illness the doctor couldn't tell me how or why I got it... Since then I've had some occassional joint pain. And now this. The vasculitis was in my feet and went up my legs...
At night I have cold spots on my left leg and big toe.
I have difficulty sleeping because along with the cold spots my left big toe becomes numb.
I tried putting on several layers of socks and even apply heat with warm towels.
I'm afraid because I'm diabetic.
I HAD AN MRI ON THE BRAIN &SPINE THE RESULTS SHOWED THATI HAVE FLUID
IN MY SPINAL CORD WHICH IS I HAVE BEEN LED TO BELEIVE IS THE CAUSE OF
MY WET FEELING. I HAVE SAID NO TO AN OPERATION MAY CONSIDER MEDICATION
                      PETER
OK- glad I'm not the only one with this wierd thing.  Below the right knee, on the back of the leg, was walking to my car and it started. I do have restless leg syndrome, but this has never happened before. I see a lot of posts, but none with anything definitive. I'm open for suggestions which might have worked.
I am so glad I found this! I have been having the same wet feeling above my left knee when I stand up, then it goes away after about a minute. I had that for a few weeks, then it stopped. Recently, the bottom of my foot feels wet as well, but it isn't wet. It's my toes now. Sometimes it's near my panty line as well. I had a brain lesion several years ago, but it is no longer "active" (scar tissue). I was also diagnosed with epilepsy and was recently taken off of my meds. I was also not diagnosed, but not ruled out, with Lupus and MS. Could it be related?
Thankyou so much for all the comments on here. A couple of days ago I also felt a warm sensation just below my knee. It feels like warm water being poured over it, very strange. I will see the G.P and share your comments
This is SO weird! I've been getting the cold wet sensation on the back of my left knee also and occasionally tiny spots on other parts of my leg. I had no idea there would be so many others with the same issue! Has anyone actually figured out what it might be linked to? I don't really see it as much of a problem as it isn't painful, just annoying. I'm curious.
OK it seems most everyone has this wet feeling around the knee - But mine is on the left side of my leg , it is numb and acc has a wet feeling ??? - its on the left thigh ??? IT does not hurt by bugs me to death >>
WOW!! Im amazed how many people experience the same problem as me. I thought something was really happening to me. My wet sensations happens in the most random places.But, mostly on my leg. It just annoys me when im at work and I get the sensation. Any news updates on this, please post.

Same here. It has happened for 2 days now but not continuously. Just when I sit down. I am gonna make a doc appt soon. Wow! I thought I was alone and this was something crazy. Thanks everyone
I too began feeling a cold rushing feeling from time to time down my right inner calf.  Never experienced anything like this before.  Do you suppose it's due to a virus?  I wish an MD would voice an opinion.
I'm so glad I'm not alone!!!  I was driving in my car a few months back when I first got the sensation that someone poured ice cold water into my veins and it started from the top of my mid thigh, on down past my knee.  First is was one leg, then both started a few weeks later.  Now, I've experienced it in my scalp.  Feels like someone took a syringe and injected ice water into my veins of my legs and my skull!!!  Sometimes I'll have the sensation someone took a lighter and is holding it under my heels.  I find I get REALLY tired around 2pm.  My vision has been getting blurry at times and I find I can't get the words out that I want to say.  Really worried that I might have MS.  Afraid to go to the doctor and find out what he'll tell me.  Plus, military docs are not the greatest in figuring anything out.  :( Very freaked out!!
It's amazing what you find when you search the internet.  I have had the feeling of a wet spot behind my knee for a couple of weeks.  It only occurs when I stand after sitting for a while and don't seem to have any other symptoms.  Was just going to ignore it until I read all these posts.  Now I think I will get an appointment for a check up and discuss it with my Doctor.
Wow! I'm not  alone! A couple weeks ago I went for a walk and I thought cold water was dripping on my right leg, on the loer part of my calf muscle. I checked and there was nothing there. This has got worse and now the same spot burns and feels a little tingly. Any one else have same symptoms? I have anxiety issues but I dont see how this would be related.
I googled my elbow feels wet and found this interesting group.  I am 52 and for the last 2 weeks my elbow feels like it has been dipped in water.  I am glad no one has reported anything serious.  But I really would like to know what is going on.
I thank all of you for your posts.  I have been experiencing for three days this cold wet spot just below my right calf.  Reading the blog comments, I will up my vitamin B intake and see if that helps.  
Can't believe I found you all here. I have had the cold wet drop of water gong down the back of my leg thing for several mo.  but today I was about in my door and it felt like a spray of cold drops hit the back of my arm. Too weird.   I thought.  "That's IT, I'm going to google this thing. Didn't even know what to put in the search. I felt a little stupid searching that I didn't know I was searching! Read all of your comments (have to admit a little relief....sorry. but....whatever)  The weirdest thing is I actually told my husband what I was doing as he passed thru the room (never told him or anyone...)  and he said, "I have had the same thing for a long time....)
This is bazzaar. I'm hoping for a vitamin deficiencey...
So I've browsed all the comments above and while I didn't see any real diagnosis from most of y'all, at least it's nice to know we're not alone or going crazy.  I have had this drip sensation on the top of my foot for... oh maybe the last week.  I'd go to wipe my foot but after the first few times I realized... it was not going to be wet.  I thought I was going crazy.  I'm 40 and in otherwise good health.  I went online to read about Lupus to see if that was one of the symptoms since my maternal grandmother had some form of Lupus.  I don't take anything other than prenatal vitamins.  The only thing I can think of that's out of the norm is that I have been applying Antifungal cream to my son twice daily for the last 2 weeks.   Hmmm.  Wish there were more answers to what's causing this.
I have the same feeling on my left leg from knee down. i was told that i may have tendonitis from cheerleading in highschool...Im 22 now and still have it but was wondering if i should take other precautions? it feels like a drop of water is running down my leg and i go to wipe it off and nothing is there?
I have the same sensation too! Except I went camping about 2 weeks ago and hit my shin on a huge boulder...I still have a pretty nasty bump and bruise but now every time I stand up it feels like there is water dripping down from it. Something I should be concerned about?
Okay so I figured it out! It's not that it's not there!!! It is I mean it has to be. Soo I started thinking because I knew as soon as I felt mine that it wasn't gonna be there when I went to look for it so what I realised is that maybe it was a leak for my butt!! Which it is and it turns out its a side effect from eating too many carbs especially complex carbs so what I do now is still eat complex carbs but only a bun and then wait for an hour or two hours I mean it still happens I don't have any way to completely get rid of it I mean you need carbs for insulin right?! So, it's coming from your butt and it's not your imagination, I read some posts of people doing some serious things because they thought they were imagining things, I kind of felt bad for them. SO it is there it's in your carbs and it comes from your butt and it's water just in case anyone wants to know. It's just that it's soo small and if your wearing pants it will wear off even faster in a dark humid place plus it being absorbed by a dried up body that just had carbs, try eating only protein you'll have the full sensation harder and will still feel hungry and get less of the wet feeling, also try and stay hydrated. Don't get to worried that your going crazy please that almost made cry!
I have the same wet spot. My GP said that it's my age and hormones (Im 42) I was so worried! Googling your symptoms can make it worse! Pick up the phone, make an appointment with your dr and stop worrying!
i have had the same sensations for a few months now..except mine is on my thigh typically...sometimes below my knee..it feels like someone spills water or soda on it and i go to wipe it off ...typically while i am driving i notice it more...maybe it has something to do with the sitting upright position? if anyone gets some answeres please let me know...lol i have no insurance for such information..
again I can not believe how many posts are here....good not to be alone lol...anyway I hadf an ankle injury six weeks ago - tore through side and front ligaments and severe bone bruising on MRI. All was going well till new physio decidedlast week to do very painful strong massage to 'get rid of all the fluid' in my ankle/leg!!! Straight away cold water feeling going down outer calf to ankle/foot and this has stayed all week.
So I see the ankle specialist again tomorrow and will be very interested to see what his opinion is as he referred me to the physio!
I just started having the same thing for several days now... My right knee feels cold and wet, and kind of like I have Icy Hot on it, or something. I kept trying to wipe it, only to find it's dry - because I also thought it was water dripping on my knee. There is no pain, just this annoying cold, wet, Icy Hot feeling... I'm 42, not overweight, but should exercise more. What on Earth is making my knee feel this way???
thank very much sharing your feelings I am also facing the same problem and docter has advised me to do an MRI please update me about yours at ***@****
Interesting to read all the comments. I live a fairly sedentary life due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia. Walk a little every day. Recently got a puppy and am walking longer distances. My calves are very sore, particularly the right one. The cold wet spot started on the back right about two weeks into this exercise so I'm connecting the two. Seeing my neuro next month so will ask him.
So many people...I started having a sensation of water running down my leg that lasted for a year followed by myalgia in the neck and later jaw and face. The water sensation eventually went away after a year or two, but after taking a month of antibiotics 4 years later for a possible case of lyme disease causing the chronic myalgia the water sensations started to appear randomly like water drops everywhere. I took the antibiotics for 6 months and stoped, but the water sensations have only increased. I'm going to getting a small fiber nerve sample test. The months and year prior to the water sensation I started allergy shots, but stopped. Stiff neck started around then, but I also had a bad bleeding ear infection maybe 6 months prior to that and a sickness that wouldn't go away for 2 months in the spring before the water started that winter. the water sensations seemed to start on the leg from a sciatic like pressure, however pressure on any body part now seems to cause the water sensation as well as scratching or movement. I seem to have fibromyalgia of unknown cause. Slight numbness comes and goes in the face and one spot itches on and off. These are all considered dysesthesia. There should be a database to connect patients symptoms of unknown cause for research purposes rather than let this all go unaddressed. Doctors don't work together outside of their own practice. email me at lyme (dot) nexus (at) g mail (dot) com
I have the same sensation. It's on the outer part of my leg, about 4 inches below the knee. It's in the same spot on both legs. My Doctor said that it could be nervous system damage. I have also had 9 concusions over the years and  it may be related to that. All I know is that I go to wipe my legs and there's nothing there. The Doctor just told me to let him know of any new symptoms arise and to follow up in three months.  
I have had the same feeling in my legs and arms, sometimes tingling but most of the time it feels like there is a drop of water running down my leg/arm. I have gotten to the point where i ignore it and very rarel, maybe once i get out of shower, there is water on me. I also have had another symptom that may be related. I wake up in the middle of the nite with stabbing peircing pain in my stomach and after a minute it is gone. I have no idea what that sould be and i have been tested for gall bladdar, lung, kidney, and stomach issues? This has happened to me about a dozen of times. I dont really want to go to the dr bc i am afraid they wont know what it is and i will be stuck with outragous bills.
I get this feeling in both of my feet ... it is very annoying, Could it be cause by low circulation. I googled th sensation and got to this forum ... I'm not sure what's going on. It is more localized in all of my toes and the bottom of my feet. They feel wet/cold and they feel cold but they are not wet at all. I feel as tho I am standing in a an inch of cold water ???
Has anyone had the wet sensation on their scalp? Cause everyone here is talking about knees legs, wrists, elbows and arms, which are all on the limbs. Its annoying, it comes and goes and has been there for least 9 months and I don't take drugs and i'm still in high school so age can't be a factor (hopefully) Everyone is talking about MRI's? Is it that serious?
I am curious to know if anyone received a real diagnosis with
these "wet feelings". I too am experiencing "a wet elbow sensation" and
cannot figure it out! Did anyone get a diagnosis or did it just go away??
Read Archiewade april 26 2010. She had the scalp also.
Hi So Happy to see i am not alone.
A year ago i was standing outside in Jan.2010 when it felt like someone poured water down my left leg,then my toes started tingleing.That happened a few more times,now i still feel as if it is raining on my lower left calf and ankle. I have Arnold chaire malfunction(a narrowing of the spinal canal which caused the brain to swell) and resently had surgery. I was hopeing the water feelings would go away. I told my neuroligist about these feelings and they have not been able to give a real cause other then saying it is a nerve issue.
An earlier post recomended looking up Dysesthesia.
Stay dry. lol
I also have the cold feeling on my knee, it feels like someone is sliding an ice cube really fast behind my left knee. This just started a few days ago. I've noticed also for about 2 weeks that my middle toes on my left foot go completely numb. The cold/wet sensation only last for a few seconds. I was diagnosed with Chiari Malformation type1 a year ago. Im wondering if this is just another symptom, as they have gotten worse. :( I have an 8mm tonsilar herniation.
could the wet sensation just be prostatic fluid or such
I have that "just stepped in water" feeling in both feet from time to time when I stand on them walking etc...I just saw an orthapedic surgeon and had an MRI (still waiting on results). Also saw a nerve doc. and she thinks I may have Spinal Stenosis (runs in my fathers side ). With this condition I get numbness and tingling, cold spots on the feet and also a spongy swelled  sensation on the bottom of my feet. My feet also hurt when I walk or get up....The nerves are being compressed causing these sensations. So if you are feeling these unexplainable senses then most likely you have some nerve damage. Hope this helps
I started having the same cold wet feeling in my elbow and forearm over a year ago but now I have it in both elbows and forearms.  The first few times it happened to me I went to change my shirt thinking water had run down my arms while doing the dishes.  LOL...I was always shocked when my shirt would be completely dry. I now check my shirt arms and elbows before thinking I need to change my shirt. But it is so odd because even though I can see it is dry it is hard to believe it is dry.
Had same experience tonight in my car. Actually looked up to see if a drop of cold water had fallen on my thigh. A few minutes later I felt same sensation in several places throughout my body all at once. Never experienced anything like this. Googling has given me more questions than answers.
To all... I have had same feeling for three months now. Cold spots though out my body. Like wet sensations come and go. Like droplets. Hand an MRi of brain, but showed nothing,. Md. said I was Vitamin B12 deficient due to  also the Methylmalonic Acid was low, Eye quivers at times too.. Scary.. i want answers..
last week when i entered in a river water ,i felt very much cold under my knees i.e between knees and foot .what might be the reason .Plz help
Hey everyone, I have exactly the same thing (cold, wet spot under the back of my left knee) and so I asked my mum, who is a Doctor, about it. I also showed her this formus so that she could see it was a real thing and that I wasn't crazy! Just thought (since there aren't many answers on here) that I would share her repsonse...

" How weird - but not as weird as the advice being given on that medical forum! You DON'T need an MRI!!

I'm sure it will be due to a pinched nerve somewhere - obviously only a small one or it would affect a bigger area / be associated with weakness etc. wait for it to go away."

Sounds sensible to me!
This is incredible.
I am a healthy 28 male, gym5 days wk, vegetarian.  Last week got a flu and tooth pain, dry sticky eyes and headaches, also neck pain, back right.

I don't usually take medicine, but it was all too much and I took nurofen for a couple days (big deal for me).

Anyway, today I started with my knees -the wet sensation. It has been on and off few hours now, sometimes my arms.

Im in the UK, London. Not sure if there is any geographic relationship with our problem, but I suspect due to all our different lifestyles, this is nothing to do with nerves.  I think it's a virus, either airborne or from flu.

I don't want to speculate on government conspiracys but there is a lot of info on this already.

Also, for the last 3years, I always get These same symptoms exactly this time of year. This time last year however I was in Paris and Rome.

I would love to hear any feedback.

Okay, so I'm not going nuts.  I'm stunned how many of us are experiencing this.  I'm 64 year old female, great health.  This week, I thought I had a wet area on my slacks at the front of my knee.  No, just a weird feeling of the knee being wet.  Now that I've read everyone's comments I've concluded that we are in good company and this too shall pass...
Thanks everyone for sharing.. I'm not alone
Hello all, after reading a lot of these various posts about this "water-like" sensation located in various parts of the body, as well as everyone, if not 99% of posters not getting answers or basically having their symptoms and concerns being avoided or detoured towards some form of pharmaceutical intervention, I feel as if it is my duty to tell you to continue on your quest. Do not simply take what your doctor has told you as 100% fact. I would search out a doctor who practices functional medicine. They take the time to run a complete panel of tests determined by your in-depth history and symptoms. Whereas cases like this may be neurogenic, discogenic, or other structural issues, often times our symptoms aren't independant of one another and may indeed be an internal imbalance. Functional medicine practitioners are the key to truly figuring out the "why is this happening" as opposed to "how can we stop it" or "what can we prescribe" which is where medicine should be looking for it's answers.

-A very concerned chiropractor
Perfect. Why, is the question. I have had wet feelings on my body for years, and, recently started tracking and logging everything. It is difficult to get a doctor to understand you do not want drugs, just answers...I had not heard of functional medicine and will start searching for this type of doctor. I hope I can find one who will help with the why. Thanks...JL
Yes, I agree, I have had these symptoms since an acident at work from a 8 foot fall to cement below that damaged discs on multiple levels and fractured a facet joint..2 surgeries later I have less mechanical pain but deferred is still an issue, less pain is less,not gone, and because it happened at work doctors act really strange, lawyers are stupid and my employer booted me out the door.......... but I still have the wet feeling from the top of the pelvis to my numb feet, exercise as much as I can and then because I am trying to not be a product of the system I get told look you are OK you exercise and go to school.  I used to run mile on trails, yard work, swim, have an active sex life, and what ever I wanted to do. I took care not to lift wrong, stayed in shape, did not smoke, ...........now I survive on the verge of psycosis and am told I fixate on the pain when I meditate to put it out of my mind and pretend it is not as bad as it is while protecting my back, and fight SAIF Corp.  I need to find some big shot lawyer that wants to go afeter them.  They wee told to accept part of my claim and still have not reimbursed me for the doctors office visits.....maybe if I went postal it would bring light to their inhumane action?  I would get my education paid for and my medical...sounds like a plan.
First thank you for allowing me to read all your understandings of the fears, feelings and concerns! I too just recently a day ago while getting ready to walk my beloved dog as I usually do 2x day...(yup hes that spoil) , besides I am very active. I complete marathons and I run regularly. I enjoy my hikes! My job involves alot of walking as well (no complaints). Before experiencing the sudden wet-coldwater feeling...I had a stronge back neckpain. Because of it I took a couple of Ibuprofens...did it help..nope! So as in Runners Bible I took a icebath to elevate the stiffness, it was amazing as always. I felt fantastic back to my norm, then suddenly I went to wipe what felt wetlike on Lknee (the Lside of the LKnee to be exact)...there was nothing! Over the nxt few hours it came in waves...sporadically.
Except being a runner both my kneecaps dislocate, just 3yrs ago my Lknee had a hard bang running down a trail...rock rolled under my Lknee dislocated along with fracturing my patella. It was a v.long process and frustrating having to not do the one thing you love..RUNNING! it took exactly over 2yrs for me to finally get my pace back..YAY! Anywhooo this Wetlike Symptom is very new to me as well.
I have been going over what consequences couldve triggered this or what we all mightve taken.. in common that could be the culprit.
I really do like to research and come up w/somekind of respectable answer or clue. I hope in reading all your concerns even back 5yrs ...that you have found a suitable diagnose and that you are better!
I too do not have the money to fancy xrays..MRIs all that stuff that probably could be of help or not.
So please if your out there and have found out anything...please post it as I will do the same!

Hi everyone! I just found this thread. My cold/wet feeling started a week ago! Feels like water is running down from my knee cap.

I think I injured my knee cap area a month ago while I was running since it started to really hurt. Not sure if its the fluid in the knee or nerves as many of you mentioned.

Went to see my doctor and he wanted to rule out inflammation. I'm scared. Sounds like many of you never got it corrected.
Hi everyone dido to what everyone else said glad to see i'm not the only one, I'm a 25 year old female with type 1 diabetes diagnosed exactly 2 years ago. This link describes and gives good info on the topic I'd recommend you to go here and even show your dr. info from this sight. Check it out

http://kristieleong.suite101.com/what-is-dysesthesia-a252111

-Ashlie
I am 37, female-
Just got out of the shower and kept trying to dry off a spot that was wet and dripping feeling. Just above right knee, back of my leg. I was freaking out and found this after searching! Any diagnosis anyone? I have had severe back pain in the past- had injections on numerous occasions. Do I need treatment? I thought it was a blod clot possibly? Pulsing feeling but COLD! I've always had like that restless leg feeling too.
HELP!
HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT THE DRIPPING FEELING IN MY LEFT LEG AND IT FEELS AROUND MY ANKLE AND I FIND THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME AS ME. I THOUGHT I WAS THE WEIRD ONE, BUT NOW I SEE THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE TOO. I HAD SHINGLES IN THAT LEG AND NOW I'M FEELING THE DRIPPINGS. COULD IT BE DUE TO THE NERVE DAMAGE OF THE SHINGLES THAT IT CAUSED IN MY LEG, OR IS IT BECAUSE OF WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING OF NEUROLOGICAL PROBLEMS? MY PROBLEM IS THAT I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE, AND I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY A NEUROLOGIST.  HOPE EVERYONE CAN SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS.
I have cold water sensation in right thigh area, stopped when I started wearing compression thigh high stockings,
yes i have have had this as well. i have relapsing remitting ms, and thought it was the medicine! i am going to talk with my neurologist.

It really does feel lke your leg is wet!
I have had the feeling of hot water on my upper thigh off and on for a few months. It eventually goes away for days at a time but has lasted as long a two days. It is extremely annoying.  I tried putting ice on it this evening but that didn't work at all.  I guess I should probably check it out with my Dr.
I'm glad I found this discussion.
For a couple weeks now, I've been having this slightly uncomfortable feeling on the back of my mid-thigh on my right leg about the space of a grapefruit, in a muscle feeling area, almost exactly mid-way between my hip and knee. and it feels like there's a rip in my jeans and cool air is blowing on the skin, not really a "wet" feeling. It's only been about 10-15 days, do these ever just go away?  If I decide to seek professional treatment, what should I expect? What are the odds this is something very serious?

I find it interesting that several people who have these cold spots have also had Shingles. I got Shingles around my right side mid section 3 years ago and still have that deep etching sensation underneath right breast. I started having cold spots 2 or 3 months ago. Most times in an area about 6" diameter, on side of leg, above the knee. Sometimes a smaller spot on left side of chest and sometimes on a small spot on my right toe. I am keeping a log so I have all information for the Doctor when I go.
Hi Hatena

I am feeling the same of yours I have consulted neurologist, orthopedic etc., but nothing has worked out please give any updates if you have my email id is ***@**** I will update to you if I come across anything
First, I want to thank you all for your replies to this forum.  I too am experiencing the water droplet feelings on my right lower calf.  Secondly, I also have Spinal Stenosis/radiculopathy also sorry to say Papillary Renal Cell Type II  Cancer.(No cure.  Only Surgery,untilt that can't help.  And PAD in both legs..  Plus Ground Glass Nodularity in both lungs.  I am 69. Was diagnoised
June 09,2011 Papillary Renal Cell Type 2 in same kidney.  Removal of total Kidney, Peri Sinus Fat Bed (Where kidney lies in for protection and 17 Lymph Nodes of which 7 were malignant.  Which put me into stage IV and deemed very aggressive.  I am in no pain at least I don't think so.  I learned later that the maligancy was also in the renal vien.  Which makes me terminal.  No time barrier.  I am hoping to make it past our 50th Wedding Anniversary March 14, 2014.  No one in my family made it to this anniversary.  Death came first.  I know I have a rough road to travel on for this journey.  But, I am going to make this goal..

Also, I got the shingles about 3 weeks after the removal of my kidney. (AND I DID GET THE SHINGLES SHOT BACK IN 2008 DUE TO THE STRESS THAT CANCER CAN CAUSE ON THE BODY)  They were realy bad.  But may have been worse had I not gotten the shot.
So any of the above conditions may or may not be the culprit causing this new issue.  It doesn't hurt but as everyone writes, it can be annoying.
Here is hoping that this condition  is only a fleeting annoyance to everyone on this site.  God Bless you all..

I was ask to ask you how many of you are Michiganders?  I too was schock at so many of you like me just started getting these strange symthoms. .
I am shocked to see so many people with the same or similar symptoms as I have had for years. I can tell you to the day when mine started. I went into labor December 1st 2004. When they placed the epidural they said they bumped a nerve and that caused the strange sensation in my right leg below the knee. Still no cold wet sensation at this point. I gave birth to my oldest son on December 2nd 2004. We were discharged on the 3rd we went to get tiny diapers because ours were too big and pick up the film my mom had dropped off. As we were walking though the store it happened for the first time. It happens off and on all the time but today it has been happening a lot. I was told it was probably nerve damage but no one ever ran test or has ever even examined me so I have no idea what it is but I am glad I am not alone.
Seriously?? Then how does that explain when people feel a wet sensation on their elbow or face?? Maybe your wetness was coming from your butt, but most of the people on here would say you're wrong.
I started feeling the wet sensation after a fall on the knee.
Omg i have pain on my legs since i can remember the only thing that seems to help is to warm up my legs also have arthritis on my knees n lately have that cold water feeling running down my leg I'm tired of doctors they always say I'm to young for all those symptoms
I recently started having the wet spot sensation on my right hip also.  I doubt doctors know what it is, so I'll just keep searching for an answer.
I have been to 3 diffrent dr in the last month due to numbness and pins and needles in both legs. I finally found out I have a buldging disc in my L5 that has my my sciatic nerve compressed at the root. The last two days I have also had feelings of being wet. I told the dr at risk of sounding insane, but he said it was part of the nero block from the brain. I pray you all find whats going on with your situation and hope this helps you.
I have this too, but mine is half way down my right thigh. It just started about three days ago. I dont have insurance at the moment and hope its nothing serious. I live in Hampton, NH and have learned that theres something wierd happening to a few people I know. My future sister in law ended up at a hospital in Boston due to some wierd sensations and feeling nauseous. They gave her an MRI and Catscan but all they came up with was Migraine. We all thought this was wierd because she didnt have a headache. They were also thinking stroke, but ruled it out. She's only 43 and in excellent health. Then a family friend...48 had a mini stroke 2 weeks ago. She told me three people she knew had the same thing. All female and between 38 and 50 years old. Whats going on? Could this have something to do with EEE? I'm really nervous! Can anyone let me know if this sounds familiar. Oh yeah...I'm only 36. Thanks!
I started having this wet cold feeling on my right patella right after I had a car accident where someone rear ended my car. It comes and goes.  I also get a tingling feeling in my arms when I sneeze. I made an appointment for a back massage.  My doctor said I may have a pinched nerve.
Since last 3 days I was searching google for this and finally i got it. Believe me..I am so relaxed now that its not bladder leaking into my abdomen. :)

Yes..since last two weeks I am getting sensation of cold water drops dripping in my abdomen. Then it goest to left side, then down to right thigh and then down to right calf. On boy it is so scary.. I had laproscopic surgery for inguinal hernia on right side of abdomen four yrs ago. On and off i felt pain in that area after running or weight lifting. I stopped doing all kind of excersize.

Since last six months strange thing started happening. Whenever i drink water, immediately I get cold water touch at one spot in my abdomen... may be my inner part are directly exposed to outermost layer of skin.
Since last two weeks I started getting this cod dripp like sensation.

I called my doctor and she suggested me to get B12 and UGG test done. I am going to do that next week. By the way I have back pain due to posture problem...may be a slight slip disk

For about 3 or so weeks I've been getting a pain in the back of my right knee, and the past week and a half I keep getting a feeling that the front inside of that knee is wet and keep going to dry it! It feels like I have splilt my drink or something on it!

I have got hypothyroidism and just been diagnosed with anaemia as well, and recently had a coagulation test but that was normal. Many nurses and doctors have commented though on how difficult it is to do a blood-test on me, my veins are very small and deep, and how slow my blood comes out, and often have blood-tests rejected as the blood is clotted or they couldn't get enough blood to do a proper test on it. I also have arthritis in my wrists which I have had for 14 years.

Please help, should I speak to my Dr or see someone about this wet feeling? Last week it was just occasional, but the past couple of days I have been getting it constantly! It happens when I'm walking or sat, it doesn't seem to have a pattern.

Thank you so much,

Laura
Are we twins? :-)  I too have had leg pains since I can remember. Super warm baths helped but usually not for long after getting out. Although I have found that Aspirin and Tylenol do wonders for the leg cramps. I have been a member of the "wettie" club for 30 years. But mostly it's just the occasional sensation that I get for about 2 seconds every few years. However the last week has seen several flare up episodes, about 3-4 times per day where it feels like a cold fluid gets released just under the skin on the inside joint of my right knee.

Nothing overly painful if you think submerging a body part into ice water for 2 seconds isn't overly painful.  Just really annoying.  
I have the same cold wet sensation on the inner side of my left knee. I first started having this sensation about a month after I had a heart cath done. But I have also had the cold wet feeling years earlier that ran down my leg like someone had dripped dold water on me. I'm not sure what is causing this exactly..Did you find anything out or are you still experiencing this problem?
Very interesting that you posted here about this and sleep disorders. I have been having this cold spot that is about the size of a 1/2 dollar on the back upper side of my right calf for a while now. I have Idiopathic Hypersomnia with Long Sleep. IH is a lot like Narcolepsy. It's an interesting thought that this might be related.
I have also been having muscle twitches, what feels like nerve shaking, inside tingling, feeling like different areas are "waking up" randomly, 2 outer toes on the right foot go numb, feelings of bugs biting me but no bugs at all in sight.
If you get any information on this, please share!!
I have a mild case of Crohn's Disease, which is, according to some medical experts' opinions, an autoimmune disease. I have gotten the cold, wet spot sensation over the past few months. I am checking with some Crohn's Disease Forum members to see if they have any info about the two being related.
Hi, my mother had the same problem which progressed to a sensation of rain falling down her legs (when there is no rain) she was diagnosed with 'restless leg syndrome', as for treatment? there is no proven medical treatment but there are suggestions out there, mainly to do with relaxation, you can check it on any search engine.
apparently not so for all.  It sounded great, finally getting a definitive answer for the problem, but unfortunately my mum has the rain/water sensation down both her legs, and it is so severe it keeps her up at nights.  She doesnt eat much, and when she does it is only protein. Admittedly she has renal failure and was initially diagnosed with RLS restless leg syndrome which is a nerve problem, but this has since progressed to the water sensation on the limbs.  We are still in search for solutions as this has increased anxiety with my mother and her lack of sleep affects her mentally. The only thing that brings calmness to her is by rubbing her legs, more like stroking as if a cat, this brings temporary relief. So Im  still desperately in search for answers
I just found this Community, & am awaiting results of a 48 hour EEG test. I have been very dizzy, nausea, get strange feeling in my head,My doctor has also ordered an MRI. I have had several blows to the head over below the years, and also been through a lot of stress. I was a pedestrian struck by a car about 9 yrs ago, with multiple fractures. The car hit my left leg  the knee, and I have had a numbness there& a feeling of wetness since. It does hurt to push on it hard however. I have siatic (sciatic) pain and am wondering if those things could contribute? I see some people found the problem through Egg, Mri, etc so will follow up if something is found on mine.  
I get the exact same thing...mostly on my legs, but other places sometimes, too. Have you figured it out?
I have the wet sensation, as well. It's on my left knee cap, toward the inside. At first I thought I dripped something on my jeans (I cook a lot) so I changed my pants. Then it happened a few days later when I was wearing track pants. I thought maybe I was getting my hand wet and absentmindedly wiping it on my pants (I've washed many pairs of pants thinking they were dirty in that spot).

My spot feels wet and cold, with no pain, and is roughly the size of a quarter. I suppose I'll see a doctor and see if there's something going on! I hate that we all are experiencing this, but I'm glad I'm not alone.
I too just started getting the strange sensation on the inside of my left knee cap.  I thought I kneeled down into a wet area but the pants and knee were dry.  I do have numbness in a few toes on both feet and am taking enbrel for R.A.  I had an EMG of the hands and feet and an MRI of the brain a few months ago because of the peripheral neuropathy and everything came back normal.  I'm getting Physical Therapy using a Rebuilder for the toe numbness.  Oh well, one more uncomfortable thing to deal with.  
so, i have had the same sensation just above my right ankle in about a 3x3 square.  HAS ANYONE GOTTEN A DIAGNOSIS.  i have no no medical insurance and cannot affortd an MRI.  i have had pinched nerves before, this does not feel like one...
thanks
Started feeling the wet left knee about a week ago live in Pa, any new diagnosis??

Hello my name is Ken,  I saw your post and was wondering if i could email you about chiari.  I have had bad headaches all my life some are thunderclap headaches.  That is a migraine that comes on from laughing or coughing and last about 45 sec.  Last week I had a CT scan and it showed Chiari. I don't have insurance.  Other symptoms I have are stiff neck and numbness if feet and arm. and recently the wet feeling.  Did the surgery help you?  my email is ***@****  would appreciate any feed back. Thank You
My husband lately is getting the cold, wet sensation in both legs and his feet feel like he is walking on balled up socks.  It is really bothering him!  The feet are pretty numb, as well.  He put a hot rice bag under his feet and it only felt warm. I couldn't rest my feet on it because it was too hot.  

Doctor thinks his lower legs are swollen and put him on a diuretic but that is making him have low blood pressure and he gets dehydrated and dizzy.  Doctor said if the numbness goes to his chest, go right to the ER and have them call him as it could be congestive heart failure.  My husband is 60 and in good shape, usually walks 2 or 3 miles, lifts weights, too.  He does take ibuprofen for his frequent headaches/migraines and has trouble sleeping.  

Thank you all so much for your posts!  He was starting to get VERY anxious about this.  He at least feels that he is not alone anymore!  I hope we all find out what is going on or at least a way to relieve it somewhat.
hi i have had identical smytems for the past ten years i had an mri some time ago but only recently inveatigated the
resuts WHICH ahowed aCERVICAL SYRINX however i think at 81years it is to late FOR ME TOWORRY

peterm10
I have exact same thing on left leg just above the knee!!! So weird. I will ask about it at my next Dr. visit, but I don't think its something to be overly concerned with.
I am so pleased to know im not alone. My wet sensation is on the temple sides of my face. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. so weird. I have other issues, type2 diabetes high blood, gout, migraines, and arthritis. I wonder if theses symptoms are contributory to these illnesses. I will b checking to see what you all think. love to hear from u. THANX
Mine as well is on the temples but i also get it on the legs and on the underneath side of my right buttcheek. The neurologist said it is one of 4 things - my epilespsy giving me new auras, my neuopathy acting stupid, MS, or fibromyalgia. We are doing more tests. The likelihood it is either the epilepsy - had since birth or the neuopathy -- due to diabetes, had for last 12 years. So I am at a wait and see stage.  

Keep your spirits up I certainly am trying to do that. :)
I thought it was starting to rain, I felt a cold wetness on my left side of my face between my cheek and my lip, I was wearing gloves and wiped my face but it seemed to not dry up so I took off my glove and tried to wipe ... there was nothing there no water, no moisture and the sensation of wetness did not go away; at one point I thought maybe I had slobbered on my self as I was speaking but there was nothing wet on my face... the sensation is always in the same spot on my face between my cheek and upper lip... nothing there? What is happening?
The doctors have no answer for this, typically, so as someone who suffers from the same thing - this weird sensation in my joints or on my legs - I go alternative. One thing I have discovered is that I am deficient in all the Bs and that I have to have them in order to have energy and to help the nerves.  If I don't take them, I really can feel the difference.  I do not recommend a multivitamin (useless).  Take a good B12 or B complex, make sure you get folate (B6), B5 (niacin) and all the other Bs as well. It may not cure it, but it can't hurt and will certainly help.  Hope this helps. If not, we will all have to make the discovery and put the medical profession to shame.  Too many of us have this same wet/cold sensations.
This cold wet sensation started for me yesterday. I also just started working out and have been inactive for about 4 months prior to this workout. I'm thinking I pulled something? I feel it above my left ankle on the left side and I also messed up my left knee a few months ago too. I've had migraines all my life as well, in my 30s now, and some digestive issues, IBS type stuff. I really want to keep working out so I hope this goes away... If anyone has been to the doctor and can report back about their experience that would be great. I will go this week if nothing changes. Such a weird sensation! Thanks for sharing everyone :)
Well, like many others on this forum, I'm amazed to see so many with similar symptoms to me. I've had it for three weeks - in my case it's a wet feeling on my right thigh above the knee - I keep having to touch to check that there's no water there.

In my case there is a correlation between when it started and me being prescribed Amitriptyline tables (10mg per day). For the last year I've had pain in my left testicle which has stopped me from exercising and been fairly deliberating. After 3 types of antibiotic and 3 ultrasounds they found nothing (I figure hernia, they say no) and have given me Amitriptyline saying that it will 'reprogram' my over sensitive nerves in that area.

Others on this forum have mentioned the wet feeling as being neurological. Anyone else perhaps taking similar tablets?

Hi.  Anyone else here on lithium?
The sensation is in the left leg and foot.
I heard that SCENAR therapy might help - going to try it...
I have been experiencing this cold wet sensation from my knee to my ankle, for the past few weeks. last September I had an operation on my legs and there was nerve damage to my left leg ( where I now get this sensation) so I was putting this down to the nerves waking up. I do have fibromyalgia and Ehlers Danlos as well as spinal stenosis, maybe I should get this checked out. Don't know when though as I'm having a hip replacement on the other side on Friday :(
I  know this is going to sound soooooo 'out there' but I have to ask as these symptoms have "just started' in a lot of people. Don't boot me off the forum here for what I am going to ask..but here goes.... "Have a lot of you people had any 'strange' experiences or 'dreams' at night lately..ie..dreams that have felt sooo real that you actually feel like they are?? Are there any of you that'know' something strange is happening but are too scared to say anything??  Just needed to ask this as I believe there is more to this...I won't say what just yet.
Your comment sounds the closest to whats going on with me, ive been dealing with narcolepsy with cataplexy for all of my 20s, am now 27 and finally getting things figured out with all that... but the cold spots kinda feel like and ice pack hovering just barely over my skin and started when my then boyfriend broke up with me and i had an uber mental break, since then it comes and goes, but when i have it drives me crazy, i get it more or less everywhere, normally neck/chest or thigh/groin area, but it can some times feel like it moves around too... is this kinda what you have and if so what haveyou found out so far in your search? I havent found much more then MS or lupin....
Hannah Please let me know how your doctors visit went. I have also had migraines all my life and now, as I started jogging, I am having cold patches sometimes in my legs and sometimes in my arms- it is such an odd feeling and frankly frightening. I am glad to see this community out here- I hope it will bring some answers soon!
Hi all
I have been experiecing this sensation also.mostly on the top of the foot & around the ankle.its feels very much like water dripping on the area.
Iam a crohns sufferer & am taking various medication. I.e amatryptiline,codeine phosphate infliximab infusions every 6 weeks.
These strange sensations only started a few weeks ago.I've also been suffering with a stiff neck for last few weeks which i,m just taking anti inflammatory for.i've also just finished a course of B12 injections.
I feel this wet feeling could be to do with poss nerve damage or inflamation (inflammation).
Sounds weird but like an earlier post made by someone i also have had a strange but realistic dream recently.i have been wondering about it but putting down to all the medication.
I have the same wet/cooling sensation in my lower left leg. I am amazed I didn't read any comments about back pain. I am convinced my strange symptoms are a result  of my L5-S1 8mm disc herniation, which has resulted in, at times, severe sciatica, left hip pain, and possibly permanent numbness in my left thigh region.  

I would encourage all who are experiencing this pain to request an MRI of the back that correlates with the region in which they are experiencing sensation (e.g.: lower extremities = lumbar, upper extremities = cervical and thoracic) Look for not just herniations, but also buldging discs.

Let me know if anyone comes up with
I've been dealing with sciatica for 8 months, but didn't put a name on it till recently.  It is now concentrated in my left leg & left hip.  Recently started Rx for Mobic and I'm doing the recommended exercises.  This week I started with a "cold drip" on the back of my left calf.  Wonder if either of those 2 things are contributing? I'll investigate with MRI as you suggested but after I pay off the "ultrasound" and "bloodwork" that Dr. recommended, which turned up nothing.