Neurology Community
Colloid Cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Colloid Cyst

I just found out that I have a Colloid Cyst.  I have no symptons from the Colloid Cyst.

I have an appointment next week with a Neurosurgeon.  I have read different opinions but is it usually recommended to remove a Colloid Cyst if there are no symptons or just to watch it.

Thanks,

Mike : i don't know much about a cyst like that. Hope all goes well for you. I have had many cysts removed in past but none , Yet<  in brain. Take care
I have been battling with a colloid cyst since Feb. 2004. I have seizures and debilitating migraines that go along with it. My first few appointments were pretty scary. But if there is anything you want to second guess or don't understand, definitely ask. I've seen your post was made in 2007. I really would love to hear from you to see what they are doing or have done. I just found a surgeon to remove mine and the only thing stopping me now is the cost. But it all comes with patients and prayer.  
Hello,  I just read your post about colloid cyst.  My son was diagnosed with one in Dec. 2009.  He is 23 yrs old and has not had any symptoms either.  Have you had surgery on yours or are you just watching it?  My son won't follow up with his because he spoke to a neurosurgeon and he told him that he probably had nothing to worry about.  I'm very uneasy with this whole situation, but I can't convince him to keep an eye on it.  He never had an MRI done, just a CT scan.  I'm hoping that he will never have any problems from this, but I just don't know.  Please let me know what your situation is since you posted.  Thanks.
Hi,  My colloid cyst was discovered several years ago.  When I went to the doctor for a routine visit, I asked that she ordered a scan so I could see if there had been any change, my guess was NO, but I was wrong.  It had nearly doubled in size. I had it removed in April of 2011 by the absolute best neurosurgeon in the world-Robert Spetzler, MD at Barrow Neurological Institute, in Phoenix, AZ.  I was not too worried about the procedure because I knew that I could not have been in better hands.  I am overdue for my one year post-op, but I have noticed problems with my memory since my surgery as well as behavior changes...to the point that I lost my job of three years in senior management last month.  Not sure if it was a side effect of the surgery, but nonetheless, my real troubles seemed to have started post-op.  I have four children and since my surgery, my first granddaughter.  I was do it all over again a million times over.  And I would recommend to anyone diagnosed with this type of tumor living in or out of Phoenix, AZ to make your way to Dr. Spetzler.  Research him and you will see that he really is the guru of neurosurgery.  I did my research and was lucky enough to find that he was in my backyard.  
My daughter has a colloid cyst… diagnosed in 2010 it has grown a small bit… she does have a headache 24/7 at about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10…  she is in her mid 30's, we are looking at a biopsy procedure, I have heard about people having the cyst removed and coming back and having stronger headaches and other problems getting worse…  we were given information of memory loss, and IQ deficiencies of up to 30 points... Are these the issues you are dealing with…? she doesn't want to compromise her quality of life at such a young age...