Compression Fracture. Clavical bone between C-6 and C-7
I have a compression fracture, Posterior of the left C-6 / C-7 area. The accident happend on the 25th of August. I went head first from a quad, into fresh mowed dirt in a cornfield. I haven't lost any feeling what so ever, and I still have full range of motion, except moving my head because of the clavical collar. I have been in a clavicle collar now since then. Given 6 to 8 weeks to heal, the flexion and extension X-rays since the first X-rays done when the accident happened, showed no healing what so ever. I had a catt scan M.R.I. done, and there isn't any significant improvement of healing in my neck. I am wondering because I have type 2 diabetes, that the diabetes is keeping me from healing? How long if possible, that my body will heal on it's own, or will I have to have my bones fused together, and will I make a complete recovery?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Fracture stabilization occurs in approximately 6-12 weeks, it may not be visible radiologically. If your symptoms have improved  and if there is no progressive neurological deficits, then the fracture prognosis is good. But full radiological bony union (as per plain X-Rays) may take an indefinite amount of time. For all types of traumatic fractures, malunion and nonunion are the known significant complications of nonoperative management. So, please discuss the various options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.