Neurology Community
Concerned for Spouse

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Concerned for Spouse

My wife is 20 years old. Her symptoms from what I can list is hypoglycemic, she has difficulties spelling but it was not classified as dyslexia since it wasn't in pattern as a doc said, she suffers from seizure like symptoms coming and going. Sometimes a couple times a month. She suffers frequent headaches that normally develops into migraines in the evening which at times lead into the seizure like symptoms.

The seizure like symptom is on the left side causing her arm and shoulder involuntary and voluntary movements as she describes as the need to move or a tingling feeling begins to hurt her arm. She also has anxiety and easily stresses over situations in which she has difficulty understanding often leading to very emotional and physical outbursts, physical is directed at inanimate objects. And has difficulty expressing thoughts in her head and relaying information she wishes to communicate.

The only medication that seems to help her headache/migraines is Q10. So far it has been the only thing that has kept them down to an extent instead of having them almost everyday. She has had an MRI, an EEG, and a sleep deprived EEG all of which have returned nothing. I am desperate to figure out what to do to help her. Does anyone have information or knowledge on a overlap of these symptoms?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If the EEG does not show seizure activity, it is unlikely to be seizures. Abnormal involuntary movements (AIMs) are also known as 'dyskinesias'. Tremor, chorea, dystonia and myoclonus are examples of types of dyskinesia which have different mechanisms and modalities of treatment. For the stress and anxiety she can try calming techniques like yoga and meditation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.