Neurology Community
Concussion - 7 months after

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Concussion - 7 months after

7 months ago i was assaulted and suffered a concussion and was unconcious for around 4/5minutes. I visited a&e and was let home after being examined by a doctor. I suffered all the common syptoms (symptoms) such as sleepiness, headache, dizziness, vomiting etc and was told that these will clear up in most cases within a few days.
After, 3 weeks had passed, some of my symptoms remained the same and the headaches were worse than they had been at first so i visited my G.P who prescribed me painkillers and amitripylene that would help with sleep in meantime until they started helping with the pain aswell.
Now, 7 months on my headaches are so severe its debilitating me! I'm off work at the moment and have been for almost 2 months. Im never away from the doctors and they keep giving me stronger and stronger doses of all these things and not much is helping. I'm due for a CT scan next week.
The headaches are always there but when the get really bad i'm crying with them, it feels like my head is going to explode as its that tight..its mostly the top of my head that gets the worst.
Has anybody else been in this situation or know anybody who has. What could be wrong with me? Maybe it isn't related to th concussion i don't know.
I'm desperate for help, i'm very frightened now!

Thanks for reading, any comments at all are welcome.
I had this.. However it was also paralysis on my right side, and motor skill problems...

they told me i had a concussion for 3 mo and then they found out i had a stroke and i had a carotid dissection and a narrowing in the artery in my neck.. do they have you on a migraine preventative? also what are they giving you for pain?

you are seeing a neurologist right? have they done a mri/or mra? or anythng other than a ct??

If your headaches make you cry and make the pain worse talk to your dr about xanex.. it might help..
I'm on migraine treatment at the moment to take when the headaches start, tolfenamic acid 200mg i think.
Im taking co-codamol 30/500mg for pain aswell and have also been given tramadol 50mg although it doesn't really agree with me. Still taking the amitriptylene aswell its been increased from 10mg to 40mg now, i know this doesn't give instant relief it can take time.
I haven't seen a neurologist yet, nothings been done, just awaiting this CT scan next week. I feel so angry with my GP practice, i've had appointments with almost every doctor in the practice and i just seem to be walking around in circles with them...
Was a CT scan or MRI done after you suffered the concussion? Were you able to consult a neurologist regarding your condition?

It is very likely that the persistent headaches are related to the concussion you suffered 7 months ago.  I would advise you to visit a specialist - in this case, a neurologist, to have your symptoms assessed. A CT scan or MRI might be helpful to check any abnormalities that could explain your condition.
I never had a CT scan or MRI done after the concussion and was unable to consult a neurologist. Do you think I should push my G.P to refer me to one?
Im very concerned now as the longer its being left the worse my headaches are getting!!
I also get severe pressure and tension sometimes and my eyes feel weak almost as if their struggling to focus a little.
I often feel as if im going to vomit but only have about 3 times in last 2 months.
As your symptoms have become debilitating, it is advisable that you have your GP refer you to a neurologist as soon as possible to assess your symptoms.