Aa
A
A
Close
Concussion And Post Concussion Syndrome
I was involve in a very bad car accident 02/10 and have no memory of the actual wreck. the hospital deemed I have a severe concussion and then also diagnosed me with Post Concussion Syndrome. I am currently also experiencing back and neck problems as well as getting a collarbone checked out for a possible fracture.

My question is does coffee effect concussion and PCS recovery. And how long does recovery generally take.
I know alcohol is a def bad thing to do with concussion but what bout some coffee?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Usually people recover from a concussion without any residual effects. Some people may manifest the symptoms longer and the condition is termed as post concussion syndrome. Repeated concussions are known to double the risk.  After a concussion, the levels of brain chemicals are altered. It usually takes about a week for these levels to stabilize again. However, the time it takes to recover from a concussion is variable, so avoid all strenuous activity till complete recovery. Also, avoid alcohol but you could take coffee.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources