Neurology Community
Concussion

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Concussion

I was recently involved in an auto accident. During the accident I some how hit the top of my head and blacked out for a short period of time. I had a CT Scan at the local emergency room, and I have followed up with family doctor. I have had this headache now for 7 days. I have also had periods of time where I am unable to focus. I have had two previous concussions in the last twenty years. I have severe migraine headaches a few times a year. Can the concussions be the cause of the migraines?
Avatar n tn
Hi.

There is such a condition known as post-traumatic headache, which is a common result of head injury, and is known to persist for months or years following even mild head trauma. The severity of the post-traumatic headache seems to have no relation to the severity of injury. Post-traumatic headaches often take on the characteristics of migraine.

Hope this answers your query.