Confused
Hi. I'm new here. I'm 60 years old and had a seizure for the first time a couple of weeks ago. My right hand and arm began to jerk uncontrollable and I blacked out waking up in the hospital. I had a CT scan which said a lesion was seen. An MRI showed white spots (probably insignificant). My EEG was normal and I haven't got the results of the echocardiogram yet. I'm now seeing a neurologist who has ordered another MRI and a Carotid Doppler. This all started when my right hand periodically went numb and occasionally jerked a bit - a week before the seizure. My question - several months before this all started, I experienced total (black) blindness in my right eye for approximately 1 to 2 minutes then my vision came back again.  I had no other symptoms - no pain, no headache, no pain. Because it subsided, I didn't seek medical attention. I've also had a detached retina in that eyes years ago and had a scleral buckle to fix it. Do you think this has anything to do with the seizure I had a few weeks ago? I forgot to tell the neurologist. Do you think it's relevant? I'm not on medication for anything and have no medical problems. Should I be concerned? Thank you for letting me vent here.
Hey Susan,

My wife had a detached retina in the past, but following that she had some other funny symptoms, had cataract complications and ended up going to the Bockner Eye Institute in Toronto, as nowhere else felt that they knew what they were doing.
I'll post again later as I'm in charge of supper.lol!

Love & Light
Niko
I don't think this has anything to do with your seizure. However you should mention this history to your neurologist. I hope you find out what's going on soon.
Well it turns out to be a distinct possibility of restricted blood flow to the to the retina that may have resulted in the retinal detachment and consequently restricted blood flow to the brain may have led to the seizure and it may be also related to your transient blindness in the one eye.

In my wive's case this may have affected some of her memory and other cognitive functions in a limited way though, but nothing has been diagnosed nor suspected.

This is a very complex field in medicine. Most of the time CT scans and MRIs are not clear enough to be of diagnostic value and specialists usually do not like to speculate. The clinical symptoms are just not enough either
to diagnose anything specific.

She has been taking coconut oil -about 3-4T daily, which by the way should help with seizures, being the best source for brain energy, even better than glucose according to research and is one of the few substances that can cross the blood-brain barrier and supply fuel to the brain when glucose uptake is impaired.

One thing that I have been researching lately and have very good anecdotal evidence from members of another health forum, is Serrapeptase, an enzyme that apparently digests blockages, dead tissue and waste materials from the various vessels of our body.
There's a particular product that I'm currently looking into called Blockbuster ClearAll which contains Serrapeptase among other ingredients, which a couple people I know have been taking it for serious conditions
( one for stroke and another for atherosclerosis) and swear by it. It is offered by Good Health USA, if you want to research this.

I hope this helps, but please note that it is not intended as a substitute for
medical advice.

Best wishes.
Love & Light
Niko
Thank you so much, Niko. You have been more than helpful and shed some light on the subject. I will definitely research the information you have so generously shared. I hope your wife is doing well!
Blessings to you and yours,
Susan
Thank you for your response, Jen. I will definitely take your advice and tell my neurologist.