Neurology Community
Constant Head Pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Constant Head Pain

For the past two weeks, I have been feeling a constant dull pressure at the top of my head. It is not a sharp pain, but like a dull pressure.  It also sometimes feels slightly wet at on the top of my head, like it is bleeding, but it is not.  Four days ago I went to a doctor and he thought it was due to tightness of my muscles and prescribed me with muscle relaxant and told me to stretch my neck.  So far the pressure is still the same with no improvement?  I have not experienced any head trauma, or done anything strenuous before or after I started feeling the pressure.  The pain doesn’t get worse with movement in any direction and it stays constant throughout the day.  Should I see a Neurologist and get an MRI?  Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks,

Brennen
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you, I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

For persistent headaches, possibilities like migrainous, cluster, tension and refractive errors that need to be evaluated thoroughly with the help of a neurologist here. Migraine like headache can be throbbing, one sided of face & head and preceded by aura (starts with blurred vision). Cluster headache may appear as burning, explosive in nature and tear appears from eyes. Tension headache originates with stress and anxiety disorder. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!