Neurology Community
Constant twitching in legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Constant twitching in legs

My legs constantly twitch near my knees and down. What is causing this? It happens all day and night so I don't think it is Restless Leg Syndrome, but don't know what else it could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
It could very well be your magnesium and/or potassium levels.
How would I fix it? By taking vitamins? And would I know for sure? Thanks for your time!
Please consult your physician for an assessment and before you start loading up on vitamins and minerals that you are not sure that you need for starts.  Have him/her order labs to check your electrolytes, i.e. calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, etc.  
A lot of tests only pick up on it if the deficiency is severe, but still consult your doctor if you want to try anything.  Many people notice the difference in using the supplements or through foods.  

You might ask about trying a tub soak in Epsom Salt, supplements, and/or magnesium-rich foods, like the different seaweeds (tastey dried Kelp, etc.), nuts, etc.

For Potassium, foods rich in this include: Bananas, OJ/oranges, potatoes, etc.