Neurology Community
Continued dizziness along with additional symptoms...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 37 female.  Overall, I am in good health and have not experienced any major illnesses or injuries.  I have been experiencing periods of dizziness for the past 3 months. During the first episode I was treated for dehydration at an ER while on vacation. After the dizziness returned for a third time, I saw my family doctor.  He determined that I was suffering from Vestibular dysfunction, probably the result of fluid in the inner ear due to seasonal allergies and sinus.  Nystagmus was also noted whenever I changed positions.  For the past 6 weeks I have been using nasal spray (Nasal Crom) and taking allergy meds (Zyrtec) daily.  The dizziness has decreased in frequency, but still occasionally happens. He also prescribed Alivert for the dizziness.  He did mention that if the symptoms did not decrease or go away, that he would run further tests.

Over the past few days I have experienced a different symptom.   The only way I can describe it is to say that I have a feeling of heat around my eyes.  It's not painful, so I wouldn't really describe it as a burning sensation. It just feels like the whole area around my eyes is hot (however it is not actually hot to the touch, if that makes sense).  In addition, when I experience this sensation, I also notice that my vision seems "cloudy" around the edges (sorry for the lack of technical terms....I'm just trying to describe it the best I can).  Could this be a part of the vestibular dysfunction? Or could it be something more?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!