Neurology Community
Could not open my eyes for a brief period.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I woke up during the middle of the night to find out that I could not open my eyes.  I was fully awake and started to panic because I did not know what was going on.  I sat up in bed and frantically tried to turn on my bedside lamp and when I finally found the switch and turned on the light it was like I had soap in my eyes and it started to burn really bad. My eyes were still closed while this was going on and about 15 minutes later I was finally able to get my eyes open.  It has only happened to me one time in my life and when this happened I was undergoing a lot of stress and depression. Can anyone help me with this?