Could someone tell me what area this is on my brain MRI?
I recently had an MRI as a follow up to an MRI I had last year. This same area was visible on both MRI's, although it appears a bit smaller and less defined than it did a year ago. The other spots that showed up are in areas that I can easily identify but this one has me stumped. It is hyperintense on T2, Flair and GRE sequences. It shouldn't be an artifact if it showed up in the same area on exams taken at different times and locations...or at least I think it wouldn't. It can be seen on the sagittal images as well. The MRI was taken to help diagnose whatever the heck is going on in my brain. The first dr a year ago thought TIA's, the one this year thought MS (or clinically isolated symdrome as of right now).

for the past several years I have had pins and needles sensations predominately on the right side, cramping spastic muscles in my legs (mostly right but now the left is catching up!), weakness in the legs, blurry vision especially when it is hot, extreme fatigue and the most worrisome symptoms have been cognitive. Major memory issues, executive functions...planning or performing a task is very difficult. It feels like I just can't cut through the static. The cognitive issues are here all the time but some days it is better. Physically it comes in waves, one symptom will improve and another appear, or all at the same time,,,there is no rhyme or reason to it.  

I had a week last December where I felt amazing, like the fog had lifted, I was convinced whatever this is had gone away, but it reared its ugly little head once again. I am at a loss as to what is going on.I wonder, could TIA's or any other cause have periods where symptoms greatly improve?

The radiologists report said scattered hyper intensities in the deep subcortical white matter, could be early chronic micro vascular ischemic changes, gliosis, from migraines or less likely demyelinating disease. She thought less likely because they are not in the 'typical' locations for MS. I am 40, healthy otherwise. I have had my heart checked inside and out looking for a cause or risk factor for TIA's. I have been checked for heavy metals, vitamin deficiencies, viruses, lupus...my c reactive protein was <0.10, sedimentation rate was 2 so I think this tells me my cardiovascular risk is low.

I know that no one can diagnose me through this forum, but any advise would be appreciated. And if you happen to know the location of this lesion on my MRI would you please be kind enough to enlighten me? I know the general location but I am curious if it is near a fiber tract or ventricle, etc...so I can go in informed at my next appointment and also so I can google it correctly:) Thank you for reading this, I am stuck in limbo and until I know what the problem is I can't find a way to fix it. I have two baby girls who need their mom to be here for them, physically and mentally.