Could this be seizure activity?
Hi, I am a 38 yo female. I have been diagnosed with Migraines, Fibromyalgia and Hypothyroidism. I am also on Metoprolol for a fast heart rate. The other morning I was getting ready for work and talking to my husband when I zoned out. It took a few seconds for me to negin talking again.  This has happened several times, sitting and standing - just a few seconds of "zoning", I would say that this happens a few times a month. My husband says it is like I get distracted and stare a hole through things. I don't think there are any involuntary movements or sounds, I just freeze. Is there a chance that this is some sort of seizure?  Other times my breath will catch (I will feel my heart skip a beat when this happens). Because of the random heart palpitations and shortness of breath I saw the Cardiologist and was diagnosed with sinus tachycardia, but my Echo and Stress Test show no reason for the symptoms. I originally thought these were separate issues, but after some recent reading, I am wondering if they are all connected. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-psychiatric issues, stress/ anxiety, metabolic issues etc. Absent seizure are rare to occur after the age of 20 years. I would suggest consulting a internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you so much for your response. As it turned out, I went into AFiib on Jan 24th and had to be cardioverted at the ER. I saw the cardiologist on Tuesday and now have meds for the AF. He said that most of my symptoms can be related to poor circulation and the arrhythmia.  

Thank you again for your time!
:-)
Lisa