Neurology Expert Forum
Cronic stiff neck, dizzyness, back of head pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cronic stiff neck, dizzyness, back of head pain

Re: Re: Re: Cronic (chronic) stiff neck, dizzyness, back of head pain

[Search][ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Neurology and Neurosurgery Forum ] [ Archive/FAQ ]

Posted by CCF Neurology MD:NT on November 19, 1998 at 00:45:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Cronic (chronic) stiff neck, dizzyness, back of head pain posted by Josie on November 17, 1998 at 00:49:48:

: I also have had similar symptoms since about May.  Blood work, MRI of both my head and neck have been normal.  I still do everything that I used to do without any problems (work, running).  I did have over one month of feeling fine which was reassuring.  Also had a similar thing going on about 6 yrs. ago and it just went away on its own.  
  I'm going to see a new physician tomorrow ( I just moved) so maybe she'll ahve some ideas.  I would like to hear how you are doing and if anything helps.
  Josie
===========================================================================
Dear Dirk, Tom, Josie:
Neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, sometimes going to the back of the head, is a very common and benign problem. It resolves in several weeks to a few months, or remains quite mild in most people. In the absence of other neurological symptoms or signs it does not even warrant a diagnostic work-up (such as MRI, blood tests or EMG). Treatment essentially consists of mild analgesics (NSAIDS), good posture, exercises, and taking the problem in ones stride.
I am glad to hear that each of you is doing quite well in keeping up with dialy activities and work, and not getting unduly stressed about the symptom.
Good luck!