Neurology Community
Cystic Lesion of the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Cystic Lesion of the brain

My MRI reveals that there is a 1 cm sharply marginated lesion that follows cerebrospinal fluid signal intensity adjacent to the frontal horn of the left lateral ventricle. This may represent a lucunar infarct in the corona radiata or possibly a neurogenic cyst. Does anyone have any info on what this represents? I don't have an appt until the 16th of August and I'm trying to read as much as possible before I go see the neuro surgeon that my doctor scheduled me to see. I'm a 38 year old female with no prior history of brain lesions or cysts. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!