Cysts on the brain in elderly people
Can you  help my mother is 84 and has just been diagnoised with a cyst on her brain.  What is the treatment for some of her age.  She mas many other health issues one is chronic COPD.  Please could you give me some assistance on this.  I live so far away from her and I am worried about this.

Thank you
Treatment for brain cysts is required when symptoms present themselves. A variety of procedures may be used to decompress (remove pressure from) the cyst. Surgical placement of a cerebral shunt, Craniotomy with excision, Various endoscopic techniques  including laser-assisted techniques, Drainage by needle aspiration or burr hole, Capsular resection. Pharmacological treatments may address specific symptoms such as seizures or pain. Please ask your mother to consult a neurologist otherwise the cyst may compress areas of brain and nerves and cause permanent paralysis. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!