Aa
A
A
Close
DEEP SHARP SHOOTING PAIN IN HEAD
I HAVE DEEP SHARP SHOOTING PAIN IN MY HEAD FROM TIME TO TIME AND THE PAIN IS VERY PAINFUL.  IT STOPS ME IN MY TRACKS AND I HAVE TO STAND THERE FOR A MINUTE TO CATCH MY BEARINGS AGAIN.  MOST TIMES IT WILL LAST FOR SEVERAL SECONDS AND GO AWAY AND OTHER TIMES THE PAIN WILL HIT NUMEROUS TIMES.  SOMETIMES IT HAPPENS SEVERAL TIMES A DAY AND GOES AWAY FOR AWHILE.  I AM JUST CONCERNED AS MY MOTHER'S FATHER HAD A BRAIN TUMOR AND MY MOTHER ALSO HAD A BRAIN TUMOR.  SHE HAD ONE THE SIZE OF A GRAPEFRUIT AND WAS TAKEN OUT AND SHE DEVELOPED ANOTHER ONE ABOUT 3 YEARS LATER.  THAT TUMOR THEY TRIED TO TAKE OUT, BUT SHE SUFFERED MASSIVE STROKES AND DIED.  THE NEUROLOGISTS SAID THAT BRAIN TUMORS ARE NOT HERIDITARY, BUT I AM NOT SO SURE.  COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT ON WHAT THESE SHARP PAINS COULD BE?  COULD IT BE SOMETHING GOING ON WITH THE NERVES IN MY HEAD?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
147426 tn?1317269232
Hi, I have an idea about your headaches, but I have a question first.  If you answer would you not use CAP's please?  I have difficulty tracking with my eyes and CAP's are difficult to read.  Thanks.

Where do you have these headaches?  Are they usually in the same location?

Quix
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I too have been feeling this pain since Jan of this year. It is off and on and today it was the worse. It seems like it comes out of no where and lasts for a few seconds. Mine is the upper left side of my head. My grandfather died of a brain tumor a couple years ago so that scares me as well. The pain stops me in my tracks too, like the whole world stops and I pause while it passes. What is your idea about the head pain?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
   Hi, I have an idea about your headaches, but I have a question first.  If you answer would you not use CAP's please?  I have difficulty tracking with my eyes and CAP's are difficult to read.  Thanks.

Where do you have these headaches?  Are they usually in the same location?

Quix

<<<

I have it too and yes its in the same location. When I feel the skin on my skull
I can feel a vein which i can,t feel on the other side of the head that doesn't have the problem
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources