Neurology Community
DNET surgery - looking for stories of success

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

7919764?1336025308
Hi, I am posting for the first time, looking for input from anyone who either has performed or undergone surgery for the removal of an apparently superficial DNET. I am considering just this and need to weigh up the pros and cons in my situation. I understand that each case can be vastly different from the next and do not expect anyone to attempt to sway me in any one direction but would appreciate honest stories of recovery and ?regret from patients, and if there are any health professionals who can provide input - including links to journals\articles\studies that relate to DNET surgery - that would be great (do any neurosurgeons read this forum?). I am a critical care nurse, (in a country other than America) and want to know that I am doing the right thing by having a left temporal lobe DNET excised. I currently suffer from TLE with about 3-4 grand mal seizures per year - not many by some people's standards but they are problematic considering my profession. I have never had a seizure in front of a ventilated patient and I'm confident in an extended aura, which gives me the time to alert someone, go to the toilet then walk to a lounge in our Unit before the fun begins. So back to it - am I going to have worse symptoms and regret having surgery, or will it be the best thing I ever did? My aim is to return to work as a critical care nurse, not end up as an invalid. Thanks for reading, and thanks for your responses. I've posted a slice of my most recent MRI.