Neurology Community
Daily headache?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Daily headache?

am a 17 year old male with good overall health and i have been having headaches every day all day for about 5 days straight now. Now this has happened before during the winter and i went to the doctor and he said it was stress but told me to go and get a CT scan done anyways just to make sure it wasnt anything serious. i did that and everything was normal on the CT scan and my headache went away on its own a little while later. But now i have a headahce again and am worried about it again, do u think it is just stress b/c my CT scan results came back normal before.......
it is a mild pain that travels all around my head and it is at different spots at different times. the doctor wanted to rule out a brain tumor and he did so i dont think it could be that.  i guess what im trying to say is.....do u think it is a brain tumor?

??
Hi wingo,

Statistically, it's unlikely that you have a brain tumor.  Plus, you had a normal CT this winter.  However, I am no expert, and even if I were, I wouldn't be able to say with certainty that you do or do not have a brain tumor.  But rest assured that it is possible to have a persistent headache and no brain tumor.  I've had a headache for over 10 weeks now, and 2 MRIs have been normal.

How long did your previous headache last?  Does this headache feel the same as that one?  Does Tylenol or ibuprofen help it?

It might be worth another visit to see your doctor, especially if you find yourself needing to take a pain reliever frequently (more than 2-3 times a week).  That can cause rebound headaches, as I've learned.

Were you under significant stress during your previous headache?  What about now?

S~
about the same time as this one is lasting approx 5-8 days straight, the headache is the same as the last one with some tightness around the temple area, i dont really feel the need to take OTC pills because the headache is not really severe, i am able to do my daily routunes without the headache bothering me to much.  i was under stress when i had the last headache b/c of exams and such and now i am under a bit too.
It's possible that you've got a tension headache.  That doesn't mean the cause of the headache is tension.  If you google "tension headache," Mayo Clinic has a nice explanation of this type of headache and others.

If this headache lasts significantly longer than the last one, if it becomes more painful, or if you begin to experience these episodes more frequently, I would suggest seeing your doctor again.

I hope your headache goes away soon.

S~
k thansk for that