Neurology Community
Dandy Walker and blind

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dandy Walker and blind

Following our last ultrasound we were told our unborn girl (about 6 months along) has severe complications. We were sent to another Dr for more testing. He showed us scans of the brain where there is a large cystic mass in the cerebellum. I asked how severe it was and he said on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the worst it was a 7 or 8. He said there was more cause for concern because she had also not formed any eyes and will be blind. Chromosome tests came back normal they said. We have so many questions about what to expect. We are waiting to see a pediatric neurologist but won't get to for another week or two. What questions will they be able to answer? Are there any statistics(mortality, progress, functions) for a case like this? From the ultrasound pictures, he said there were not any abnormalities from the neck down. From what I've read about DWS things can vary greatly from child to child. But I have not come across one case that also included blindness. I don't want any Dr sugar coating the prognosis for me. I need to know what to prepare for. Any information I could get would be much appreciated.