Daughter absence seizures in past/still not reading age 11
My daughter has been through it all.  Testing that is; Genetics, Allegery, IQ. etc.  No one has any answers as to what her "condition" is.  Autisim: No, Fragile X: No......She started having absence seizures at age 5 or 6.  She has always been behind in her development and learning.  However, in kindergarden she was able to count money from her piggy bank.  She knew what each coin was and how much it was worth.  She would even ask to go to target to buy as specific item.  This all at age 5 1/2.  Now, she can't tell you her numbers, add, subtract, read or write.  I think the seizures have damaged her beyond repair. Of course, her neurologist does not agree, nor did the specialists in Miami childrens Hospital after she spent a week there.  I need help.  I started her on a natural suppliment that evens out the brains activites.  I will tell you that she says she doesn't see "fireworks" in the night anymore.  

Will she ever be able to read and recognize the things she could in the past?  

No, she was never in an accident, or had any type of head injury.  She has had 4 mri's and 1 cat scan in her short lifetime so far.

thanks,
k
hi
I to have a daughter with similar problems and no help from dr/ They just want to dope her up. I would like to know what nutrinal supplement you are trying. My daughter was very smart in preschool and as the grades go by she wants to learn less an less. Her siezures only started this year . Keep fighting and trying new drs there has to be an answer for us out there.