Neurology Community
Dear Dr Abhiijeet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dear Dr Abhiijeet

Hi Dr, 5 months ago i was in a chemical lab about to start work on a Gas Chromatography Mass spec when i fell extremely ill. I am still unwell and have being to a number of GPs and Consultants and Mental health clinic, but with no answers. I am waiting on an appointment to see a neurologist. My symtoms (symptoms) are as follows, dizzness, slightly disorianted, vomiting (the first few weeks), difficulties in breathing, spaced out feeling, foggy brain, my preception of my surroundings has not being the same since that day, its like iam in a dream state. I also have concentration problems, tingling in hands and feet, slight numness in my head. In the first few weeks i have flu like symtoms (symptoms). I am still suffuring from fatigue, weekness. I also have had aggresive (aggressive) taughts, about hurting family menbers and friends. Do you think my symtoms (symptoms) are related to the chemical lab? I hope you can help me on this matter, like advice on who should i see in the medical department.

Regards

Ken

Hello.

The exposure to the chemical may be co-incidental. Which chemical were you exposed to? Was it a gas?

If you get the aggressive thoughts again and again without being able to control hem, you need to get yourself assessed by a psychiatrist for a possible obsessive compulsive disorder.

Regards
Hello, thank you for your reply. I have asked a number of times about what i could have being expossed too but they havnt being to helpful.

All i know is that i fell unwell while present in the lab. At the begining of the lecture a fellow student had said she smelt something burning. About 45min into the lecture i started to feel spaced out and found it hard to breath, so i said to the person in charge that i wasnt feeling well and asked was there any chemicals around giving off fumes. His reply was that the room was very stuffy and he sent us on a break to get some fresh air.

I was talking to two more of my fellow students on this break and they said they felt very sleepy and light headed.

I have had a heavy metal analysis done and it turned out that i had hight levels on tin. Can inorganic or organotins cause these symtoms (symptoms)?

Before that day i was fine and in good form, i loved life any everything in it. I wouldnt hurt a fly and i mean that.

Can chemicals cause problems like mine and is there any way i could find out what chemicals i was expossed too?

I hope you can help me on this matter

Regards

ken

.
you may have damaged your endocrine (hpa axis) it has happened to me and it took me forever to find out, most doctors, even neurologists will not look for hpa dysfunction.