Neurology Community
Decreased sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Decreased sensation

I have been a type 2 diabetic for about 13 years now.  I have not taken as much care as I should've with my diabetes. I take oral medications now.  My morning blood levels are usually in the 130's. I have noticed recently that it is getting longer and harder to achieve orgasm during sex.  There is a lack of sensation from my penis. It is starting to get in the way of me and my girlfriends relationship. I'm 43 years old. This started about 1 month ago. My feet are sensitive and from time to time burn, I have marbeling in my lower legs from the micro vessels rupturing. However that has been that way for a couple of years and has not worsened. I take Cialis from time to time and erections are still only at 60% and maintaining any erection is still problematic. Now that there is less sensation it is difficult to achieve orgasm.  Please help.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Erectile dysfunction and impotence are quite common with diabetic neuropathy. I would advice a regular monitoring of blood sugar levels, and EMG to check out abnormal responses. Further consultation to a diabetologist would help you to reach at appropriate treatment here. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

Thank You.