Deep Foot Itch
I've had this deep foot itch that drives my crazy.  My GP sent me to neurologist who did CNV and EMG and a needle test, (maybe that was part of one of the other tests).  Result:  Severe CMT.
What is causing the itch?  It is mainly in the toes and ball of my foot.  I can't rub my feet against anything or it will start up. The itch comes in 'waves' and the intensity at the 'apex' is maddening.  Only putting my feet in the coldest water helps.  What can be done for this condition that is more permanent and help me sleep at night, which is when it happens the most.
Hello.

Do you have any other abnormalities, ether of the foot or the spine or any heart condition ? Diagnosis of CMT requires a slowly progressive weakness and atrophy of the muscles of the feet and hands.

It is a motor and sensory neuropathy. And CMT is hereditary. The neuropathy if the cause for the itching.

A recent advance is the use of Ascorbic acid for the treatment.

Regards
What form of a ascorbic acid?