Neurology Expert Forum
Deep thigh pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Deep thigh pain

Posted By Charleen on May 06, 1999 at 12:02:52
Thank you for your responses before to me regarding my spinal operations and recovery process.   I am currently waiting for the MRI results that I recently had done.
Brief History:  L4/L5 Discetomies with one lamenectomy: 5/88, 7/88
Very little pain for 9 years since 7/88 until January '98.  Had a fusion done at L4/L5, posterior with no instrumentation except bone grafts from right hip, 9/98. I began having symptoms again around Dec. 98....since then my pain is worse than before the fusion.  I have had flexion/extension x-rays which demonstrated zero bone problems causing my nerve pain, left leg weakness and numbness from the thigh down in my left leg. (left leg has always been my most affected side)  I had an EMG that demonstrated L5 nerve root compression, demylination (sp?) on the left side, and now am waiting for MRI results.
My question is:  I have all the nerve pain normally associated with L5 nerve root problems, and the neurologist that did my EMG stated that I had something also going on at the S1 nerve root area.  Is deep thigh ache correspond with all this?  I also had 2 ESI's and the anesthesiologist that performed them questioned if it wasn't fibromyalgia.  I mentioned that to my ortho surgeon and he said I don't have the trigger points that would make him think that, but he was not totally certain what was causing this.  Between the nerve pain and the deep thigh ache that keeps me awake at night I don't know which is worse.  The ache is worse than any tooth ache could ever be.  Medications I am taking: 600mg of neurontin 4x/day....100mg of amitriptyline at bedtime.....10 mg flexeril at bed time....I am also an insulin dependent diabetic.  thank you in advance.  This thigh ache is unbearable at times.

Follow Ups:

Re: Deep thigh pain CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 5/08/1999
(0)

Re: Deep thigh pain Jody, PA-C 5/08/1999
(1)

Deep thigh pain CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS 5/08/1999
(0)