Degenerative spondylosis
I have chronic back pain.  Mri said I have degenerative spondylosis L5-S1.  Signs od recent progression of the spondylosis is noted with disc extrusion predominately anteriorly,  No significant overall spinal canal stenosis is apreciated.  i am on Tranadol and Ultram and Flexerill and neurotin for permanent nerve damahe in my leg from hernaited discs L4-L5    from years afo.  Had surgery.  Please explain to me what is going on.  I have had nerve blocks and steroid injections and nothing works.
Degenerative spondylosis is a common degenerative condition of the spine. It is most likely caused by age-related changes in the intervertebral disks. The degenerative effects of aging can weaken the disks reducing the shock absorbing quality. The structural alterations from degeneration may decrease disc height and increase the risk for disc herniation. The lumbar spine carries most of the body's weight. Therefore, when degenerative forces impair its structural integrity, symptoms including pain may accompany normal physical activity. Treatment is usually conservative in nature; the most commonly used treatments are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), physical modalities, and lifestyle modifications. Physiotherapy is very effective for relieving the pain besides medication. Please consult a physiotherapist and neurologist for management of the symptoms. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!