Aa
A
A
Close
Deltoid pain
I am a court reporter and therefore am using my hands/arms constantly, all day, every day.  If I'm not writing on my steno machine, I'm at my computer editing my work.  I have a severe burning sensation in my left deltoid.  Is this some type of repetitive-motion injury?  How can I fix it?  What should I take to deal with the pain?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Dear Kelli, welcome to medhelp forum. I can understand your anxiety.  You could be having repetitive strain induced intervetebral cervical disc prolapsed or degeneration. This can occur in occupations requiring constant use of arms or hands.  The symptoms range from weakness, pain, tingling and numbness in shoulders, arms or both. There could be associated weakness and decreased sensation also. An MRI spine would be needed to ascertain the clinical impression. Consult a neurologist immediately to evaluate your neurological status. Management would depend on the diagnosis. You could take NSAIDs, acupressure, hot fomentation. Physiotherapy would help a lot. Correct posture and frequent breaks would help. Surgical correction would be the final resort should these conservative measures fail. Your doctor also needs to exclude local shoulder joint injuries, ligament tear etc.
You are most welcome with any clarifications.
Wish you all the best.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources