Depressio, vision, grogginess
I have been taking Zoloft and Xanax for depression. I have started having vision problems. My vision is blurred and sometimes I have to really try to focus so I can see. My pupils are dilated most of the time. Also, I have a hard time concentrating on things and my thoughts race. In the afternoons I feel like I am floating and I have frequent headaches. Could this be a neurological problem?
Hello.

Some of these problems appear to be due to the medicines. But the thoughts racing and the concentration problems are part of the depression.

Have you been assessed regularly by your psychiatrist ?

Regards
I was assesed by my psychiatrist back in December. I am planning to see him again next month when I go home to Europe.
Thank you for the quick response.

Regards
Hello again.

How is your depression now ? Are you getting enough sleep ? I was just wondering if these medicines are working for you, then it will be advisable not to change them.

Regards
I feel okay, I guess. I dont sleep very well, though so sometimes I take Ambien.
Hello.

It seems Zoloft is working for you. The sleep disturbance as to be treated well. Zoloft does not take care of sleep very well. I have a good experience of patients sleeping well with Mirtazapine. It is a good anti depressant and has an additional benefit of improving sleep also. If you visit the psychiatrist, you may discuss this with him. But only if you feel comfortable with it.

Regards