Desperate for answers
Before I dive into my question, I need to give my background. I am 19 years old and for the past 4 years I have been in and out of hospitals having countless tests done to try to figure out the cause behind my severe and debilitating headaches. These headaches cause me to lose my balance, speech, and focus and come on randomly though they occur about 4 or 5 times a week. After my first scan I was told that they found something on my brain. So they thrust me into 60 MRIs, 20 CAT scans, a spectroscopy, an EEG, and an arteriogram. Their conclusion- Prominent Virchow-Robin Spaces.
Now I feel like this is an inadequate diagnosis. I cannot find any information on it and my doctors are of no help to me. They shove more pills down my throat than answers. Does anyone know any information on Prominent Virchow-Robin Spaces? What are they? Why do they happen? What do they do? Would it cause something like this to me? Is there something else wrong?
I've been searching for answers and I keep coming up short. Someone please help me.
Please if you have found out any infomation on your condition could you please let me know. My best friend is suffering with the same problems and had the same mri results, but the doctors are being no help to her. just telling her nothing is wrong.  Is there anything you have done that helps it. Or have you found a doctor to help you. Please let me know. Thank you,
***@****
I just recently discovered that I too have a Virchow Robin space in the right side of my brain. So I did sopme research and this is what I found: The spaces are mostly seen in cryptococcal meningoencephalitis caused by a fungus. While in some people they may be both numerous and widespread throughout the brain and like white matter lesions, Virchow-Robin spaces are not usually present in the brains of healthy young adults. The presence of Virchow-Robin has been associated with multiple diseases.
Later on if the VRS expands (depending where it is in the brain) it could cause some issues. In my case the VRS is on the right side of the brain. Some of the issues that may be caused include: hemifacial spasms, Neoplastic and inflammatory meningeal processes via penetration of the VRS. Another one that may be the most prominent problem is Hydrocephalus: a condition in which an abnormal amount of cerebrospinal fluid accumulates in the brain due to CSF being blocked by the VRS.
The symptoms of hydrocephalus vary according to age and individual. These symptoms may include headache, loss of coordination or balance, nausea, vomiting, impaired vision, and changes in concentration or memory.

Hope this helps.

Eric P. McKeeman.
Unfortunately I have not yet discovered any treatment for the VR spaces. My neurologist seems to be incapable of returning my calls and it took over a month to even get my MRI results back. The medical system seems to have become mediocre at best. I will keep calling him until he answer’s and I will let you know what he says about any treatment possibilities.