Diamox Side effects worsen
I was diagnose with psuedotumor cerebri last year in February.  Last week, I stopped taking my medication for about two weeks, because I didn't have a refill and my doctor was out. When I finally received my medication and began taking it, I felt as I was going through the PTC symptoms once again. My right temple began to hurt (headache) I  became congested and my menstrual cycle is off.  I lay down and I hear whooshing in my ears. Is this normal? I just need to know, because my doctor is the only specialist where I live.
Hi there . The symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri are headache, buzzing sound in the ears, dizziness, nausea, double vision, partial or permanent loss of vision. The side effects of acetazolamide used in its treatment are drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, nervousness, headache or confusion, increased sensitivity to sunlight and changes in vision.

These are similar to the ptc itself. It is possible that when you stopped and resumed therapy you are manifesting the side effects of diamox only. Talk to your doctor and seek his opinion and in future do not self medicate. Take care.