Neurology Community
Did I damage something?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Did I damage something?

Hi, my name is Kristin and I am 21 years old. When I was 19 I fell down a flight of concrete stairs at a community college I was then attending. It happened all of a sudden that I did not have time to stop myself and I hit the stairs all the way down super hard. I tried getting up but I was so dizzy and nauseus because the pain was so terribly bad, I could hardly walk to the bathroom to get sick. It was the worst pain I ever felt and I did not want to move. For about a month or more my left buttock consisted of different color bruises over the whole area. I could not sit on it, lean against anything on that side, run, jog or walk fast. When I had to sit to go to class or to drive, I sat up on my right side so my left buttock would not touch the seat. Ever sense then I have had a permanant and quite deep indentation on my left buttock from the impact on the stairs. At the beginning of this year I had been expieriencing intense pain in my back on the left side and on the upper part near my shoulder. It would tingle, go numb, and have a piercing stabbing sensation. Even when I touched it or moved a certain way it would hurt. The tingleling and numbness progressed to my fingers on the left side also, but not in my arm or my hand, just the fingers. I had x-rays taken because I had thought I pinched a nerve in my back, but nothing turned up on the x-ray. They recommended some inflammatory drugs and rest, and possibly to see a massage therapist or chiropractor because they thought maybe I just had a really stiff muscle. I took the medication, but did not go to a massage therapist or chiropractor because of finiancial difficulties. Eventually the pain went away, and I thought well it must have just been a stiff muscle or a strain of some sort. A month or so later the pain started back up again in the same spot and getting worse. I've tried using icyhot and everything to relieve the pain, but it does not work. I'm wondering if there is something I could have busted or damaged in my buttocks when I fell down the flight of stairs, and if it could be associated with the pain in my upper back. The buttock itself does not hurt anymore since it healed, which took a little over a month, but it is a little sensitive where the indentation is. I did not think about it to much when it happened, because it was not afterwards until I noticed the dent in my buttock from the impact. It seemed odd to me to have gotten a indentation from falling down the stairs. Any help would be great and very much appreciated. Thanks!