Did I have AVM?
A little while ago, I had some mysterious bleeding out of my mouth. I went to my dentist about it, and he referred me to an oral surgeon. The oral surgeon confirmed that I was bleeding from the roof of my mouth and that is was AVM. I was pregnant at the time, so he said it may have been due to increased blood pressure. I had a small lump at the roof of my mouth, and that is where he explained the AVM was. He used a laser to cut the growth out of mouth and the bleeding stopped.

On my follow up though, I different dental surgeon said I did not have AVM. He said the other doctor in his office was less experienced, and had misdiagnosed. He told me that my bleeding was unexplained, and that the fat that removing the growth helped was luck.

I don't know who to believe.  
Hi!
At this stage it is difficult to say who was right. Since the laser procedure helped curb the bleeding, there is a higher chance that there was a bundle of blood vessels there that were bleeding. It could also have been an AVM or a hemangioma. If the wound has healed and there is no further bleeding, please do not dwell on it much. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I know this sounds strange, but please consider it. I read there are some AVM'S that are more rare than others. That would make the doctor healing you more special, because not only did he diagnose correctly, but, he helped you get healthy again. Others can get extremely jealous of a co-worker because of that. It is pretty much easy to see the difference between a vein and fat...maybe the 2nd surgeon was the 1st surgeons "mentor"...in that case I feel sorry for the 1st surgeon, as he isn't appreciated for his own genuine expertise. If I were you, I would write letters to everyone around him, in his behalf, especially if there's been no more bleeding.. You might save his job some day. Send him copies of all the letters you write. Put a followup here, please.