Neurology Community
Did I have a Seizure?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Did I have a Seizure?

I was motivated to post this question because I have just recently completed my Standard First Aid and CPR training.  There, we learned about seizures, and I had never really thought about having one until now.

My problem is that this happened about eight or nine years ago.  I was about nine years old, and I had stayed up late on New Years.  I was perfectly fine one minute, but the next, I had blacked out, lost my vision, and felt really, really hot.  Next thing I knew, I was on the kitchen floor, on my knees.  My sister was there, and told me my arms were shaking violently and that my eyes were open, but like I said, I kept losing my sight.  I could not feel myself moving.  It lasted probably around two or three minutes, then I got up, shaky, and begged for my mom.  This creeped me out because in my training, I was taught that wanting a sense of safety is a key part of a seizure.  I did not go to the hospital.

I think I may have had a second one about three years ago, but I blamed it on the heat.  Since then I have had no medical problems.  I have also had a CAT Scan within the last six months and everything appeared normal.  What does this mean? Did I really have a seizure? Is it possible that I may have a disorder? Thanks, I appreciate it.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1780921_tn?1384615710
Lindsay,
Yes it does sounds like you could of had a couple of seizures, but I would not worry to much about it right now. Everyone is capable of having a seizure, and even though I did say it sounds like you did, no one is able to say for sure since it has been so long.
As for some type of disorder I would have to say no. You would of had more episodes or symptoms on a much more frequent bases.
Blank
How old are u?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949