Diffuse cerebral atrophy
My father is 74 years old with moderately High BP.An MRI was conducted recently whose results are:

Findings:

Multiple,small,focal and diffuse altered SI lesions hyperintense on T2 and Flair sequences are seen in cerebral
white matter and deep grey matter bilaterally..None of these lesion show restricted diffusion.

The basal gaglia,thalamus and corpus callosum appear normal.
The brain stem and cerebellum appear normal.
The ventricular system and extra-axial CSF spaces are widened.

Pituatary is normal.
The septum is in midline.

The major intracranial vessels of circle of Willis and main dural venous sinuses reveal normal flow fluids.
The IAC and CP angle cisterns appear normal.
Visualized orbital structures donot show any definite abnormality.

The Cranio-vertebral junction is normal and there is no tonsillar herniation.

Impression:
----------------
Diffuse cerebral atrophy with ischaemic changes and lacunes in bilateral cerebral white matter and deep gray matter.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

There can be many possibilities in your case that involve the brain white matter, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. These include metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.