Neurology Expert Forum
Diffused spots, seizures and tingling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Diffused spots, seizures and tingling

My neurologist told me that I have diffused spots all over the brain and CNS. I have seizures and lately I have tingling in the head and hands, specifically with the fingers. It is almost feels like an electrical spike at times, prickly at others. My concern here is that I tell my neurologist and he seems to be nonchalant about the whole thing, but continues to test. What is going on? Should I search for another neurologist? I don't believe this is normal, the spots and the tingling which will last for over 10 hours at a time. Any thoughts would be fantastic.  Thank you.
Dear Drew:
Sorry to hear about your problem.  It is almost impossible to give a diagnosis having not seen your brain images, blood work, EEG, and know your medication history, and most importantly, not having physically examined you.  I think you need to sit down with your neurologist and find out what he means when he says that you have "spots" all over your brain.  Ask him/her if the tingling could be a drug reaction, or due to continued seizures.  If he/she won't sit down and explain things to you, then likely you ought to get a second opinion about what is going on.  If you do, gather all the information so the doctor can review it all and give you a good neurological exam.  Best of luck,
Sincerely,
CCF Neuro MD