Neurology Community
Dilated pupils

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dilated pupils

Hi I have recently been suffering from dilated pupil/s, sometimes its just one eye and I have recently experienced this in both eyes. I can always tell in advance when the pupils are dilated as I usually experience a kind of fuzziness although no blurred vision and no painful headache just a light headedness. This always seems to go hand in hand with a small nosebleed, again I can always tell that the nosebleed is coming too as there is a dense type of pressure build up. I expereince no pain as such except for the woozy / fuzzy type of sensation. I did get referred to eye clinic for fixed dilated puil and they advised this was due to a chemical reaction but I don't believe this to be true. Is this just sometype of migraine or should I go back to the Dr and have this checked out???

Thxs

My sister is having a similar problem with dialting pupils and often one is larger than the other, currently she is going through the process of getting all the blood tests and scans to rule out possible causes ( many of which have been ruled out so far). I just noticed that her experience is simililar to yours and another person who posted about this experience with onset after a period of acute anxiety.... my sister was very stressed due to a few factors prior to these visual problems beginning, I just wonder if there is something about anxiety/stress which precipiates this problem....
Hi Kath1204

Sorry I never received your reply! It turned out to be a medication I was handling of my daughters (hyoscine patch)  something in that was dilating my pupil!,

Hope your sister got to the bottom of her dilated pupil with no serious illness found.xx