Neurology Community
Disc desiccation C6-C7

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Disc desiccation C6-C7

In the MRI report the following things have been observed,

Loss of Cervical lordosis.

Height and Alignment of vertebral bodies maintained.

Posterocentral disc bulge at C6-C7 intervertebral disc level causing compression of the thecal sac and indentation of cervical cord parenchyma with narrowing of bilateral lateral recesses, however no altered signals noted in thr cervical cord parenchyma.

The cervical spinal cord is normal in size,contour and signal intensity.

The craniovertebral junction is unremarkable.

Opinion - MR fidings are suggestive of degenerative changes of cervical intervertebral disc causing secondary spinal canal stenosis at C6-C7 intervertebral disc level.

I am experiencing spining of the head esp.concentrated to my right side going to my right arm and even picking of weight of around 2 Kg is causing imbalance of the body.

any suggestion coming in will be a great help.  thanks,pawan

Hey Pawan!

The MRI described degenerative changes of the cervical spine with indentation of the spinal cord at C6/ C7, probably responsible for your symptoms. Typically a surgical approach would be preferable in the situation. I would suggest discussing the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!