Disc herniation superior extrusion
It's been about 2 months since the initial pain in my neck. could not set my head on a pillow and the pain traveled across my chest through my shouler  down my upper back and down my right arm. Lost strenght in my pinky and ring finger.
Ortho sent me for an mri and report states c7-t1 level there is a large right sided disc heneation with superior extrution. This effaces the anterior subarachnoid spaceand impringes on the anterior aspect of the cord on the right side. Also causes marked impringement upon the right sided c8 nerve root sleeve.
At the c6-c7 level there is in bony ridge seen on the left side which partially effaces the anterior subaranoid space it does cause impringement uon the left c7 nerve sleeve.
c5-c6 level there is a small bony ridge present resulting in only mild spinal stenosis.
At all other lvels of cervical spine. extending from c4-c5 to the c2-c3 level the intervertebral disks are normal.
the cranicocervical junction is normal.
The cord shows no evidence for astrophy, contusion, or cyst formation.
  Dr told me to get cordosone shots at another facility i am not sure about this I am doing PT but does not seem to help. Steroids helped with the neck i can move it now. My arm is hurting and fingers have no strenght. I am still working. I am going to philadelphia in 2 weeks for a second opinion. I have not seen a neorologist yet. Am i making a mistake by not doing cortosone shots? By waiting am i doing more damage to nerves?
Thanks for any help
cortisone injection recomended without EMG!
My doctor seems to have blown me off and sent me for cortione shots for the c7 heneation but it concerns me that i have not seen a neurologist yet. After reading about other experiences should i have had an EMG? He told me i was about am  50% candidate for surgury. Thats why i am going for a second opinion. My neck pain seems to be comming back now i'm not sure why. I have decided to stop PT until i feel a bit better.I'm still doing th exercises. Arm is killing me. It almost seem i am starting to walk funny now and my lower back and right hip is starting to bother me. I am concerned that the time frame is getting to be too long and hope i am not causing permanent nerve damage. Any inut would be appreciated. Thanks