Neurology Community
Disc herniation superior extrusion
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Disc herniation superior extrusion

It's been about 2 months since the initial pain in my neck. could not set my head on a pillow and the pain traveled across my chest through my shouler  down my upper back and down my right arm. Lost strenght in my pinky and ring finger.
Ortho sent me for an mri and report states c7-t1 level there is a large right sided disc heneation with superior extrution. This effaces the anterior subarachnoid spaceand impringes on the anterior aspect of the cord on the right side. Also causes marked impringement upon the right sided c8 nerve root sleeve.
At the c6-c7 level there is in bony ridge seen on the left side which partially effaces the anterior subaranoid space it does cause impringement uon the left c7 nerve sleeve.
c5-c6 level there is a small bony ridge present resulting in only mild spinal stenosis.
At all other lvels of cervical spine. extending from c4-c5 to the c2-c3 level the intervertebral disks are normal.
the cranicocervical junction is normal.
The cord shows no evidence for astrophy, contusion, or cyst formation.
  Dr told me to get cordosone shots at another facility i am not sure about this I am doing PT but does not seem to help. Steroids helped with the neck i can move it now. My arm is hurting and fingers have no strenght. I am still working. I am going to philadelphia in 2 weeks for a second opinion. I have not seen a neorologist yet. Am i making a mistake by not doing cortosone shots? By waiting am i doing more damage to nerves?
Thanks for any help