Disc problems in my cervical and thoracic spine
Here are my MRI results,

Degenerative spondylosis at the C4-5 levels. Posterior disc bulge at the C5-6 level with bone spurs indenting the anterior thecal sac and resulting in mild spinal canal narrowing and no cord impingement. Mild to moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing is noted secondary to uncovertabral joint bone spur formation, and there is mild bilateral facet joint arthropathy. Posterior right lateral C6-7 level disc bulge indenting the anterior thecal sac with with no significant spinal canal narrowing or cord impingement. Posterior disc bulge at the C3-4 Level indenting the anterior thecal sac with no significant spinal canal narrowing or cord impingement. Mild left sided foraminal narrowing is noted secondary to uncovertebral joint bone spur formation.
Mild chronic appearing anterior wedging of two mid thoracic vertebrae, appearing at T7 and T8 levels. T6-7, T7-8, T8-9 loss of disc height and hydration. Disc bulge indents anterior thecal sac at T8-9.
Their is a history of degenerative disc disease in my family (father) as well as crippling arthritis (mother)which I have in my knees and feet. I spent 11 years in the military which put heavy weights and stress on my spine. I was also involved in a accidental fall which I landed flat on my butt. I am also a smoker to top it all off. I am 43 years old male wondering if my future will get more painful then it is at this point? I am also wondering what form of treatment I should expect from my V.A. doctors? Between my back and my knees I am in pain 24 hours a day. Is there help for me? Or am I destined for a life of pain.