Neurology Community
Dizziness / Lightheaded, Prominant Veins and Twitching Muscles

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Two months ago I started to feel dizzy / lightheaded and it has persisted almost constantly ever since.  About a week after the dizziness started I began to get headaches too.  I am 23 years old with a healthy heart and ears that are free from wax build-ups (ruling out some potential causes).  Around the time that the dizziness started I felt difficulty in breathing, but in my nose not my chest.  This has recurred occasionally since.

About 4 weeks ago I felt weaker in the hands and arms and following this my veins in my hands and arms began to become very prominent - both in color and in coming to the surface.  They also sometimes tingle and/or throb a little.  About 2-3 weeks ago my lower legs and feet developed the exact same problem.  My job requires a fair amount of walking each day and I now find my legs feel in more pain at the end of a day than they used to.  

Around the same time I started to get brief but frequent muscle twitches.  These occur mainly in my hands, arms, legs and feet but have also occurred just about everywhere else on my body.

Around 2 weeks ago the dizziness and headaches stopped for about 4 days only for the dizziness to return, although so far the headaches have not.  I have tried decongestants for my sinuses and although that has helped the breathing it has oddly made me more lightheaded.

This is causing quite a lot of distress as until recently I have always been in generally good health and then all these things come along at once.  I am convinced that some if not all of these symptoms are related but am without much of a clue as to the cause(s).  Any ideas?  Any help is truly appreciated.
Hello Dear,
The key causes that lead to dizziness are;
- Sudden drop in blood pressure or dehydration which may inhibit blood to the brain causing lightheadedness.
- Dizziness may be accompanied by various disorders such as: allergies, hypoglycemia, common cold, fever, diarrhea, vomiting or flu.
- Loss of balance or spinning sensation may be related to a malfunction in at least two of three main organs that contribute to our sense of balance: inner ears, eyes or the nervous system.
- Serious disorders that may cause dizziness are: stroke, heart attack, severe drop in blood pressure.
You  can try some easy remedies at home like;
- Enhance maintaining balance by learning exercises from a trained physiotherapist
- Reduce stress
- Practice Aerobic exercises
- Develop a regular sleep pattern

- Treat the disorder which is causing dizziness
You should avoid diet drinks,tobacco,caffeine,take plenty of water to ensure the blood pressure does not drop due to exercise, high stress activities and hot climate.
Neck exercises and yoga will help you.Also consult a physiotherapist for pain management.
Refer http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Dizziness.html

Best