Neurology Community
Dizziness, Tender spot on back of skull

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dizziness, Tender spot on back of skull

For weeks now I have noticed a tender spot on the back of my head when I touch it or lay down.  In the last week I have thrown up twice and also being dizzy.  I don't know if these symptoms are related or not.  It feels as if I've hit my head and bruised it or wore in a pony tail too tight, it feels the same everyday.  With the vomiting twice - once on Monday and once on Friday And dizziness I guess it could be the Flu.  Anyone have any suggestions for me???  Thanks in advance.
Well you are not alone at least, I have recently developed the same symptoms, and I know how you feel, the only difference being that i want to vomit but cant due to other health problems.  Have you ever received a knock to the head in your lifetime?  Even if it hasnt been to the back?  Because I have and my doctor has decided to arrange for me to have a CAT Scan, just to make sure there is no damage, it could be a number of things so dont get worried that it might be what you have, just make sure you get yourself to the doctor.  I will keep you updated on my results, and maybe they will point you in the right direction.  
I have the same pain on the right side of the back of my head, but haven't had vomitting or dizziness.  The pain runs about 1.5 - 2 inches long, has what feels like lumps, but that may be the shape of my head?  The pain seems to be chronic, cause it's not always there.  I would go to the dr. but don't have insurance for an x-ray or cat scan!  Has any one recieved any answers or suggestions?
i have been having this pain as well.  I have a tender spot in the top of my head and at time i get realy dizzy and loose my balance like the room has flipped up side down.  it comes and goes.  What causes this?