Neurology Community
Dizziness, Tender spot on back of skull

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dizziness, Tender spot on back of skull

For weeks now I have noticed a tender spot on the back of my head when I touch it or lay down.  In the last week I have thrown up twice and also being dizzy.  I don't know if these symptoms are related or not.  It feels as if I've hit my head and bruised it or wore in a pony tail too tight, it feels the same everyday.  With the vomiting twice - once on Monday and once on Friday And dizziness I guess it could be the Flu.  Anyone have any suggestions for me???  Thanks in advance.
Avatar n tn
Well you are not alone at least, I have recently developed the same symptoms, and I know how you feel, the only difference being that i want to vomit but cant due to other health problems.  Have you ever received a knock to the head in your lifetime?  Even if it hasnt been to the back?  Because I have and my doctor has decided to arrange for me to have a CAT Scan, just to make sure there is no damage, it could be a number of things so dont get worried that it might be what you have, just make sure you get yourself to the doctor.  I will keep you updated on my results, and maybe they will point you in the right direction.  
Avatar n tn
I have the same pain on the right side of the back of my head, but haven't had vomitting or dizziness.  The pain runs about 1.5 - 2 inches long, has what feels like lumps, but that may be the shape of my head?  The pain seems to be chronic, cause it's not always there.  I would go to the dr. but don't have insurance for an x-ray or cat scan!  Has any one recieved any answers or suggestions?
Avatar n tn
i have been having this pain as well.  I have a tender spot in the top of my head and at time i get realy dizzy and loose my balance like the room has flipped up side down.  it comes and goes.  What causes this?