Neurology Community
Dizziness, Tingling, vision changes, nausea
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dizziness, Tingling, vision changes, nausea

I started having attacks 30 days ago with a cramping pain in my upper arm muscle, constant fatigue, irritability, depression/sadness due to not knowing why I feel this way, dizziness, inability to rest, pins and needles, gasping for air, elevated heart rate, sweating, night sweats, numbness in face, forehead, left arm lower legs, right arm, cold fingers, nausea, vision changes. First attack I was admitted to hospital in Puerto Rico on vacation, when I started vomiting profusely could not walk and had all the above symptoms.  They did CAT scan, heart monitoring, chest x-ray, MRI , and told me I had heat stroke.  I was given antivert, zofran to stop vomiting and IV fluids.  After this first attack I never regained my energy, the dizziness has not left and I have felt weak in my muscles, uncoordinated, vertigo, vision problems, etc.  I had another severe attack when I got home four days later and could not breathe, vision was going in and out and felt like I was going to lose consciousness.   I also had swollen ankles the second time I was admitted to the hospital I have had 2 head MRI's, a spine and neck MRI, Catscan, echocardiogram, was hooked to heart monitoring system for two days, ENG hearing/eye tests, EMG, cartoid artery check, chest x-ray, ekg, blood tests for diabetes, cholesterol, lyme (awaiting results), vitamin B12 deficiency (awaiting results), RA blood work (awaiting results) and have good nearly low blood pressure.  Everything checks out fine but symptoms come constantly and last a day or two days with only a day relief in between episodes.  I had just started taking zoloft but had only taken 5 (25 mg doses) when this hit, so I stopped taking it last Wednesday, eight days ago.  I read about symptoms of zoloft withdrawal but could it be so severe from stopping 5 25 mg doses after 8 days.  Seems impossible.  I have been told its not MS, not heart problem, not Lupus.  WHAT COULD THIS BE.  Does fibromyalgia cause tingling numbness and dizziness with headaches vision changes and nausea???  What other conditions could cause this???  My neurologist said he cant find anything wrong with me and suggested I see a psychiatrist.  I feel very upset angry and offended and WANT TO KNOW WHAT MY DIAGNOSIS COULD BE.  I AM CERTAINLY NOT NUTS AS MY SYMPTOMS ARE REAL AND PRESENT.