Neurology Community
Dizziness, fatigue,ringing in the ear, memory loss, for over six month...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dizziness, fatigue,ringing in the ear, memory loss, for over six month plus.

I am a 33yr old male-african canadian and I have had this problem happen to me before and this is the third time. I am very active with a healthy lifestyle, a young family and no major stress other this problem and no other health problems apart from this.  The first two times it happened I did not get correct diagnosis, here are my symptoms pls help.  First two episodes lasted almost 6mths and went away by itself, but this time its longer and worst  It comes on suddenly w/out warning. It starts w/  a feeling like blood is being drained from my head (tingling), then an instant state of confusion relative to a dreamlike state, ringing in the ear, dizziness, memory loss, blurred vision, extreme fatigue, heart palpitation, poor balance (I even have a hard time standing in the shower, body temperature fluctates from extreme to another, loss of appetite (but when hunger kicks in, it makes symptoms extremely worse, but when I eat its almost like my body is drawing on the food and it makes the symptoms instantly worst), extreme mood swings, difficulty concentrating, onset of fear, depression.  When the symptoms are severe my temperature is unbalanced (one side of my body feels cold and the other feels hot).  The attacks are very unpredictable.  I've been midiagnosised with low seritonin, vertigo, thyroid problems .  I have had blood test repeated and the only thing that comes up abnormal is the that my white blood cell count is low. I am over medicated and frustrated.  Please help.
Canada is one of the most infected country with Lyme desease (as my country as well). Sounds to me you have Lyme. You should check it out.
if it is not lyme, research "meniere's disease", a family member had similar symptoms and it took a while for them to diagnose, but they narrowed it down to that. he's better now.
You may need to have your Carotid Arteries checked. Those symptoms could be a sign of a TIA, though not always are.
You need a MRI with IAC's ( internal auditory canals - in the ears) and a possible cerebral angiogram,a digital subtraction angiogram, for the best views of the brain's vascular sysytem,front and back of the blood vessels and not just a flat plane.A MRA of the brain (angiogram) my be in order first,before a full angio of the brain,due to risk factors of the full  angiogram  of the brain.
I am 27 year old female with the exact same syptoms (symptoms) and like you they come and go! I have been tested for everything under the sun and no doctor can seem to give me an answer, if you find any info on this please let me know
I am going through the same thing right now, and have been several months. My headache come on after I get up from a chair and walk a minute or two, and dizziness too. I feel like this is leading to my passing since it is getting worse. I can't stay concentrating although I try, can't keep standing upright, etc. My doctor is too hurried to listen, and cuts in talking when I am. He believes this is from a pinched nerve in the neck. Sent me home without referring me on or checking into this further, although I requested it. Did you ever find out what was causing yours and are you better? Thanks for any help.
It  sounds like you may be having a sympathetic nervous system disorder of some sort, esp since one side of the body feel hot while the other side feels cold.
I wonder how this turned out, but I had similar complaints with headaches as well and it turns out I have psuedo tumor cerebri and my body creates too much cerebral spinal fluid.   This puts pressure on the brain, eyes, ears and sinuses!   TONS of wierd sideeffects that are often only looked at one at a time!

They noticed when I had my eyes checked.  Then a CT (with Dye) followed.  

Hope all is well!